In Scuol, you're at the source of relaxation: enjoy exciting yet affordable active holidays in the Engadine at Scuol Youth Hostel.
There's almost no point in putting on your sunglasses before you reach the modern hostel, because it's just a two-minute walk from Scuol-Tarasp station, and the same goes for postbuses and the cableway to the skiing and hiking area of Motta Naluns. There's a long and varied list of activities for families as well as sport and nature lovers: would you like to try Alpine-dairy cheese from the region, or mineral water straight from the village fountain? Or relax in the Bogn Engiadina thermal baths? Go biking, explore the National Park or the Schellen Ursli Path? Or would you rather take a stroll through the old village centre, past the beautifully decorated houses? You can do all of this – and there's plenty more waiting for you, too!
By train via Landquart and Klosters to Scuol. The youth hostel is a two-minute walk from the station.
By car in winter via Landquart to Klosters, then on the Vereina car train through the Lower Engadine. In summer via Landquart to Davos, Flüela Pass (or car train) through the Lower Engadine. Or via Austria, from Landeck to Martina and then to Scuol. The youth hostel has a limited number of chargeable car parking spaces, for which advance reservation is recommended.
Scuol Youth Hostel is located directly opposite Scuol Tarasp Railway Station. The station has a slightly higher elevation than the Youth Hostel. An asphalt footpath leads to the Youth Hostel (entailing a single pedestrian crossing).
The parking spaces are paved with solid natural stone. An asphalt path leads uphill around the property to the main entrance.
The youth hostel has a chargeable, wheelchair-accessible car parking space, for which advance reservation is essential. We will be pleased to make the disabled car parking space available free of charge for holders of an official blue disabled person’s parking permit.
Number of beds
Spaces for bicycles
Bed linen included
Prices & availability
Breakfast buffet incl. Lunch on request 17.50 CHF Dinner 17.50 CHF Dinner for children aged 2–5 years 8.50 CHF Dinner for children aged 6–12 years 14.50 CHF Packed lunch on request 8.50 CHF
Further price information
- All prices exclusive of taxes (from 12 years of age) CHF 2.80 per person/night, including VAT.
- Non-members pay a daily sur-charge: CHF 7.–, families CHF 14.–
- Benefits of our annual membership
- Groups (minimum of 10 people) are advised to buy an annual membership (personal: CHF 55.– / non-personal: CHF 99.–)
- Children aged 2 to 5 stay for just CHF 15.– and children aged 6 to 12 for just CHF 25.– per night in the parents’ or grandparents’ room, including breakfast. Babies aged from 0 to 1 stay in a cot, where available, free of charge. Children’s prices do not apply to double rooms.
- Group rates for children aged 2–5 years, a flat rate of CHF 15.–; from 6–12 years, accommodation prices / group prices apply
- Voluntary CO2-Compensation CHF 0.30
- Rates are subject to change
- All rates in CHF
All of the rooms of Scuol Youth Hostel offer barrier-free access, and the single beds as well as the lower bunk beds are disability-friendly.
Room Barrier-free beds per room 2 double rooms with shower/WC barrier-free 2 beds 12 double rooms with shower/WC 2 beds 7 family rooms with shower/WC 2 beds 6 4-bed rooms with shower/WC 2 beds 12 4-bed rooms with washbasin 2 beds 6 6-bed rooms with washbasin 3 beds
There is no ramp. The garden seating area can be accessed from the ground floor, and is paved in hard material.
The building has a generously sized lift linking the floors.
- The width of the corridor in front of the elevator is 130 cm
- The width of the elevator door is 80 cm
- Elevator width: 121 cm
- Elevator depth: 142 cm
The room door width is 75 cm.
Barrier-free wet cell
A comprehensively disabled-friendly shower/WC is available on the ground floor. Two double rooms are equipped with fully disability-friendly washrooms.
The wet cell dimensions are:
- Width of wet cell door: 75 cm
- WC seat height: 46 cm
- The washbasin is wheelchair accessible: 68 cm
- Shower seat
- Shower handle
By train / by foot
By tain via Landquart, Klosters to Scuol. Scuol Youth Hostel is located directly opposite Scuol Tarasp Railway Station. The station has a slightly higher elevation than the Youth Hostel. An asphalt footpath leads to the Youth Hostel (entailing a single pedestrian crossing).
The parking spaces are paved with gravel. An asphalt path leads uphill around the property to the main entrance.
Winter: Via Landquart to Klosters. First take the Vereina car train, then follow the Lower Engadine.
Summer: Via Landquart to Davos, Flüelapass (or car train), then follow the Lower Engadine. Or via Austria, from Landeck to Martina and then to Scuol.
The youth hostel has two chargeable, wheelchair-accessible car parking spaces, for which advance reservation is essential. We will be pleased to make the disabled car parking space available free of charge for holders of an official blue disabled person’s parking permit.
Links for public transport
- Information about public transport for people in wheelchairs (website only in German, French and Italian)
- Swiss Railways (SBB): Passengers with a handicap
- Rhaetian Railway: Passengers with a handicap
- ABA-Taxi, Scuol
Phone: +41 81 864 80 80
- Taxi Soèr, Sent
Phone: +41 81 864 10 00, Mobile: +41 79 642 32 42
approx. 1.2km, village centre of Scuol
- Apoteca e Drogaria Engiadinaisa
Emergencies, Phone: +41 81 864 93 70