Saas-Fee Wellness Hostel 4000
Wellness, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre and youth hostel all in one! This makes for sheer relaxation in a pioneering building surrounded by 13 sublime 4000-metre peaks.
Saas-Fee Wellness Hostel 4000
The glacier village of Saas-Fee proudly calls itself the "Free Republic of Holidays" – and that's no exaggeration! The Saas valley is famous for its sunny hiking routes, snowy mountain tours, adrenaline kicks on the slopes, winter and summer trend sports, gorge and glacier safaris, and much more besides. Even the wellnessHostel4000 features spectacular accommodation: on a high plateau above the Saas valley, surrounded by majestic mountains, in a building that is unique worldwide – with integrated Aqua Allalin wellness pool, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, trendy restaurant4000 and stylish bistro4000. We serve fresh and refreshing food, including regional tapas to go with convivial aperitifs.
|Opening dates||02.06.2018 - 28.04.2019||28.05.2019 - 19.04.2020|
|Check-in||15:00 - 22:00||15:00 - 22:00|
|Check-out||07:00 - 10:00||07:00 - 10:00|
|Mon to Fri:||07:00 - 22:00||07:00 - 22:00|
|Sat and Sun:||07:00 - 22:00||07:00 - 22:00|
|Breakfast||07:30 - 09:30||07:30 - 09:30|
|Dinner||18:30 - 20:00||18:30 - 20:00|
How to find us
By train to Visp, then Postbus to Saas-Fee bus station (final stop). The wellnessHostel4000 is right next door.
Saas-Fee is a car-free resort. There is a multistorey car park at the entrance to the village. The glacier village can easily be explored on foot and the cableways valley station is just a 4-minute walk from the wellnesshostel4000.
If you are arriving using the Lötschberg car transporter train, please take note of the information at www.bls.ch. BLS is replacing the tracks in the Lötschberg Summit Tunnel between Kandersteg and Goppenstein. Construction work will take place during normal operations and will last until 2022. You can find all the information on the current departure times here: www.bls.ch/neue-fahrbahn
Number of beds
Spaces for bicycles
Bed linen included
At the water
Prices (in CHF) and availability
Breakfast buffet incl. Lunch on request 17.50 CHF Dinner 17.50 CHF Dinner for children aged 2–5 years 8.50 CHF Dinner for children aged 6–12 years 14.50 CHF Packed lunch on request 10.00 CHF
We accept Lunch-Checks!
Further price information
- All prices exclusive of taxes CHF 7.– (May – Nov) / CHF 4.50 (Dec – Apr) per person/night, including VAT.
- The Hostel Card Standard is included in the price of accommodation and is valid from the day of arrival to the day of departure.
- You have the option of purchasing a Hostel Card Premium and benefit from cheaper accommodation prices in all Swiss youth Hostels. More information about the Hostel Card Premium
- Groups (minimum of 10 people) are advised to buy a Hostel Card Premium (personal: CHF 55.– / non-personal: CHF 99.–)
- Children aged 2 to 5 stay for just CHF 15.– and children aged 6 to 12 for just CHF 28.– per night in the parents’ or grandparents’ room, including breakfast. Babies aged from 0 to 1 stay in a cot, where available, free of charge. Children’s prices do not apply to double rooms.
- Group rates for children aged 2–5 years, a flat rate of CHF 15.–; from 6–12 years, accommodation prices / group prices apply
- Voluntary CO2-Compensation CHF 0.30
- Rates are subject to change
- All rates in CHF
Seminars & events
Details and prices
At the entrance to Saas-Fee village, right next to the PostBus stop, the wellnessHostel4000 , a new, 168-bed hostel was opening on 05.09.2014. The unique architecture and direct access to the swimming pool, wellness and fitness area mark it out as something rather special!
- Seminar room for 20 persons CHF 100.-
- Valid: all year round
• Lunch CHF 17.50
• Evening meal from CHF 17.50
Wellness and fitness area with swimming pool, saunas and gym in the "Aqua Allalin" leisure centre.
145 kilometres of pistes, freestyle parks and halfpipes gladden the hearts of snow sport professionals even in summer, because Saas-Fee is the summer skiing area. Three bike routes, hiking and climbing regions as well as guided high-Alpine tours complete the offering. Here you can forget about the hectic pace of everyday life.
Although not hectic, the night life in Saas-Fee is unquestionably varied. In winter plenty of bars, clubs and après-ski pubs draw night owls out of their quarters. DJs spin their music on the turntables and live bands make for a high-spirited atmosphere.
You can find more tips at: www.saas-fee.ch
Have you any other needs or special wishes? The wellnessHostel4000 team will be pleased to help you arrange your individual seminar offer. Please send your enquiry to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Groups and associations
In addition to the inexpensive two to six-bed rooms and the extensive sports and recreational infrastructure featuring indoor pool, wellness and fitness facilities, groups can also make use of a seminar room (seating up to 20) as well as a menu aimed at the needs of sportspeople (scope and meal times) – in other words, this is the perfect setting for a sports, getaway or training camp.
Prices per person for members incl. breakfast buffet, bed linen, and swimming pool admission:
- 6-bed room with wash basin from CHF 42.90
- 4-bed room with shower/WC from CHF 57.40
- 2-bed room with shower/WC from CHF 63.30
- We reserve the right to amend prices
All 51 rooms have unobstructed access and the single beds and lower bunk beds are designed to fit the needs of the disabled.
Rooms Barrier-free beds per room 3 double rooms with shower/WC barrier-free 2 beds 1 family room with shower/WC barrier-free 3 beds 21 double rooms with shower/WC 1 bed 8 family rooms with shower/WC 3 beds 12 4-bed rooms with shower/WC 2 beds 4 6-bed rooms 3 beds
The access to the wellnessHostel4000 is flat. There is a ramp to he boot- and skiroom with a slope of 6 %.
All rooms in the wellnessHostel4000 (except for the boot room) and the swimming pool are wheelchair-accessible. The indoor swimming pool is accessible via a platform lift.
- The width of the corridor in front of the elevator on the ground floor is 444 cm
- The width of the corridor in front of the elevator on the 1st floor is 267 cm
- The width of the elevator door is 90 cm
- Elevator width: 126 cm
- Elevator depth: 175 cm
The width of the doors to the rooms is 80 cm.
Barrier-free wet cell
A public wheelchair-accessible WC is located on the ground floor. Wheelchair-accessible toilets and showers on the top floor are available via the lift. Three double rooms and one family room have their own fully disabled-friendly wet cell. There is as well a barrier-free wet cell with toilet and shower in the wellness area.
The wet cell dimensions are:
- Width of wet cell door: 85 cm
- WC seat height: 45 cm
- The washbasin is wheelchair accessible: 71 cm
- Shower seat
- Shower handle
By train / by foot
Saas-Fee postbus station is just 40 m from the hostel.
Saas-Fee is a car-free resort. Unload your luggage in Terminal A or B and park your car either in the chargeable multi-storey car park or on the open-air car park at the entrance to the village.
Links to public transport
- Information about public transport for people in wheelchairs (website only in German, French and Italian)
- Schweizerische Bundesbahnen (SBB): Reisende mit Handicap (Swiss Federal Railways: Disabled travellers)
- Taxi Bolero
Tel: +41 27 957 70 20
Tel: +41 27 957 26 18
Like the bus stop, the railway station is situated just 200 m from the entrance to the hostel which lies at the edge of the village centre. The cable car is a 4-minute walk away.
Arrival by Lötschberg car transporter train
BLS is replacing the tracks in the Lötschberg Summit Tunnel between Kandersteg and Goppenstein, ensuring that the Swiss Plateau will remain connected to Valais in future. Construction work will take place during normal operations and will last until 2022. The goal is to make travellers aware of the situation in good time in order to avoid longer waiting times. Due to the less regular timetable and reduced capacity, however, some longer waiting times cannot be completely avoided.
From Easter 2019 to Christmas 2022, every weekend from Friday afternoon through to Sunday evening, waiting times are expected for the Lötschberg car transporter train.
You can find all the information on the current departure times here: www.bls.ch/neue-fahrbahn
Winter luggage offer