In this youth hostel you can stay at the foot of the Alps, right on Lake Geneva and surrounded by vineyards, and eat in the jazzy dining room.
Montreux is inspirational. This musical town's charm has already cast a spell over many famous celebrities such as Charlie Chaplin, Freddie Mercury and Igor Stravinsky. Thanks to its Mediterranean climate and a pleasant, cosmopolitan attitude, coupled with a great passion for music, Montreux is readily considered the capital of the Vaud Riviera. You can marvel at its colourful flowerbeds both in the direction of Vevey and on the way to Chillon Castle, a fascinating example of medieval architecture. Rochers-de-Naye, with its stunning view of the Vaud, Valais, Bernese and French Alps, is also a fantastic destination.
|Opening dates||01.03.2019 - 17.11.2019|
|Check-in||17:00 - 22:00|
|Check-out||07:30 - 10:00|
|Mon to Fri:||
17:00 - 22:00
|Sat and Sun:||
17:00 - 22:00
|Breakfast||07:30 - 09:00|
|Dinner||18:30 - 19:30|
How to find us
From Montreux station, it’s a 30-minute walk along the lakeside to the youth hostel. Take the railway underpass. From Montreux-Territet station, it’s 2 minutes on foot.
Parking spaces in the vicinity of the youth hostel.
Montreux-Territet Station, about 400m
From Montreux-Territet Railway Station, take the ramp down to the lake. Then continue along the lake on the Quai Ami Chessex until you reach the small railway bridge (on the left-hand side, about 300m), the Youth Hostel is located directly behind the bridge.
Number of beds
Spaces for bicycles
Bed linen included
At the water
Prices (in CHF) and availability
Breakfast buffet incl. Lunch on request 17.50 CHF Dinner 17.50 CHF Dinner for children aged 2–5 years 8.50 CHF Dinner for children aged 6–12 years 14.50 CHF Packed lunch on request 8.50 CHF
Further price information
- Price indications per *person / **per room, including breakfast buffet, bed linen and VAT
- The Hostel Card Standard is included in the price of accommodation and is valid from the day of arrival to the day of departure.
- You have the option of purchasing a Hostel Card Premium and benefit from cheaper accommodation prices in all Swiss youth Hostels. More information about the Hostel Card Premium
- Groups (minimum of 10 people) are advised to buy a Hostel Card Premium (personal: CHF 55.– / non-personal: CHF 99.–)
- Children aged 2 to 5 stay for just CHF 15 and children aged 6 to 12 for just CHF 25 per night in the parents’ or grandparents’ room, including breakfast. Babies aged from 0 to 1 stay in a cot, where available, free of charge. Children’s prices do not apply to double rooms.
- Group rates for children aged 2–5 years, a flat rate of CHF 15.–; from 6–12 years, accommodation prices / group prices apply
- Voluntary CO2-Compensation CHF 0.30
- Rates are subject to change
- All rates in CHF
Nine rooms at Montreux Youth Hostel offer barrier-free access and 15 beds are disability-friendly.
Room Barrier-free beds per room 5 4-bed rooms with washbasin 2 beds 1 4-bed room with shower/WC 1 bed 1 4-bed room with shower/WC 2 beds 2 2-bed rooms with washbasin 1 bed
7 rooms conditionally barrier-free.
The building has a lift connecting the ground floor with the upper storey.
- The width of the corridor in front of the elevator is 200 cm and 140 cm upstairs
- Elevator width: 110 cm
- Elevator depth: 140 cm
The room door width is 79 cm.
Barrier-free wet cell
Both 4-bed rooms are equipped with a disability-friendly washroom.
The wet cell dimensions are:
- Width of wet cell door: 80 cm
- WC seat height: 45 cm
- The washbasin is wheelchair accessible: 75 cm
- Shower seat
- Shower handle
The terrasse is 8% accissible via the ramp.
Barrier-free dining room and common room.
By train / by foot
Montreux-Territet Station, about 400 m
From Montreux-Territet Railway Station, take the ramp down to the lake. Then continue along the lake on the Quai Ami Chessex until you reach the small railway bridge (on the left-hand side, about 300 m), the Youth Hostel is located directly behind the bridge.
Disabled public parking 50 m from the hostel.
Links for public transport
Approx. 200 m
- Pharmacie Internationale
Avenue de Chillon 74
Phone: +41 21 963 85 86