Stay the night or get married at the stately Villa Hörnliberg in Kreuzlingen: the beautiful view of the meadows, trees and Lake Constance will blow you away!
Well known as a hiking, biking and inline skating area, Thurgau is a great place to relax or enjoy an active holiday. The region bordering on Lake Constance in particular has a lot to offer. If you check into our youth hostel, you'll find the largest recreation and amusement park in the area right on your doorstep. Young guests will love the nearby playground, the animal park, Sea Life Constance or Conny-Land. The water will tempt you to enjoy a refreshing swim, a boat ride or a canoe trip. And the numerous tourist attractions in the area will ensure you won't be bored here. Delight your senses on the island of Mainau with its beautiful flowers, or travel to the village of lakeside dwellings on stilts! By the way: wedding couples can hire our villa exclusively for their event.
|Opening dates||03.03.2023 - 26.11.2023||01.03.2024 - 24.11.2024|
|Check-in||17:00 - 21:00||17:00 - 21:00|
|Check-out||08:00 - 10:00||08:00 - 10:00|
|Mon to Fri:||
17:00 - 21:00
17:00 - 21:00
|Sat and Sun:||
17:00 - 21:00
17:00 - 21:00
|Breakfast||07:30 - 09:00||07:30 - 09:00|
|Dinner||18:00 - 19:00||18:00 - 19:00|
How to find us
With public transport / by foot:
From the railway station «Kreuzlingen Hafen» in 10 minutes, from the train stations Kreuzlingen and Konstanz in about 20 minutes on foot to the youth hostel.
Big chargeable car park below the hostel.
From Kreuzlingen Hafen Railway Station, 700 m
From Kreuzlingen Railway Station, take S-Bahn line 8 in the direction of Rorschach as far as the ‘Kreuzlingen Hafen’ Station. From there, take Hafenstrasse in a south-easterly direction (approx. 250 m), then turn left into Promenadenstrasse. Cross the tracks. The Youth Hostel is located to the left, on a rise.
Turn immediately left after the tracks, in order to drive up to the Youth Hostel along the footpath.
Number of beds
Bed linen included
Prices (in CHF) and availability
Breakfast buffet incl. Lunch on request CHF 19.50 Dinner CHF 19.50 Dinner for children ages 2 to 5 years CHF 8.50 Dinner for children ages 6 to 12 years CHF 14.50 Packed lunch on request CHF 10.00
Yoummi – the catering option from Swiss Youth Hostels
Further price information
- All prices exclusive of taxes CHF 0.20 per person/night, including VAT.
- The Hostel Card Standard is included in the price of accommodation and is valid from the day of arrival to the day of departure.
- You have the option of purchasing a Hostel Card Premium and benefit from cheaper accommodation prices in all Swiss youth Hostels. More information about the Hostel Card Premium
- Groups (minimum of 10 people) are advised to buy a Hostel Card Premium (personal: CHF 55.– / non-personal: CHF 99.–)
- Find our children's prices on the family page.
- Group rates for children ages 2 to 5 years, a flat rate of CHF 15.–; from ages 6 to 12 years, accommodation prices / group prices apply.
- Car park per night CHF 8.50
- Rates are subject to change
- All rates in CHF
The grand house, which was built in 1900, was reopened in 2003 following extensive renovation. During the course of this work the mezzanine and the basement were provided with wheelchair access. The outside surfaces are cobblestone, gravel and lawn.
Room Barrier-free beds per room 2 2-bed rooms 1 beds 1 12-bed room 6 beds
- There is no ramp.
- The mezzanine and the basement are provided with wheelchair access. 2 stair-lifts now provide access to the storeys. Two stair lifts are provided: 1 stair lift to the main entrance and 1 stair lift from the lower to the upper floor.
- The room door width are: 2-beds room 80 cm and 12-beds room 85 cm.
There is a barrier-free shower/WC on the guest room floor (basement).
The bathroom dimensions are:
- Width of bathroom door: 83 cm
- WC seat height: 47 cm
- The washbasin is wheelchair accessible: 70 cm
- Shower seat
- Shower handle
By train / by foot
From Kreuzlingen Hafen Railway Station, 700m
From Kreuzlingen Railway Station, take S-Bahn line 8 in the direction of Rorschach as far as the «Kreuzlingen Hafen» Station. From there, take Hafenstrasse in a south-easterly direction (approx. 250 m), then turn left into Promenadenstrasse. Cross the tracks. The Youth Hostel is located to the left, on a rise. Steep hostel approach (ca. 11%).
Turn immediately left after the tracks, in order to drive up to the Youth Hostel along the footpath. Large, chargeable car park available beneath the youth hostel.
Links for public transport
Phone: +41 71 672 77 77
Verein Behindertenbusse Kreuzlingen TG3
Geöffnet 08.00 – 11.00 Uhr
Phone: +41 71 672 75 77
Supporting the OK:GO initiative
Swiss Youth Hostels is part of the OK:GO initiative. This initiative aims to ensure that every tourism provider in Switzerland offers information about the accessibility of its services to the public. Learn more about the initiative here.
ginto profile of Kreuzlingen Youth Hostel
Visit our ginto page for Kreuzlingen Youth Hostel now and find out all about barrier-free accommodation at this hostel.