Zermatt Youth Hostel
The world-famous Matterhorn, lovingly called “Horu” by locals, can be seen directly from Zermatt Youth Hostel. Every day of the year, the Youth Hostel offers a charming alternative for all those guests for whom a luxurious hotel room is not necessary to enjoy the Zermatt mountains.
At the foot of the Matterhorn
Backpackers from all over the world, as well as families, groups and young-at-heart senior citizens receive a very warm welcome in a cosy atmosphere the whole year round. Whether they choose the inexpensive variant in a dormitory or a double room with a separate shower and WC, breakfast in the dining room with a view of the Matterhorn is always included in the price.
Once you arrive in Zermatt, it’s not far to the Youth Hostel. It is located between the town centre and the station of Klein Matterhorn Railways. It is a 15-minute walk from the railway station to the Youth Hostel. A slightly more comfortable journey by electric bus or taxi is also possible. (Zermatt is car-free).
Your local discounts
discounts on rental of skis, snowboards and bikes at Sport Julen Zermatt, available all the year round
Further member benefits
Take the Matterhorn-Gotthard Railway to Zermatt: the walk from the station to the youth hostel takes 15 minutes. Or board the village bus to “Winkelmatten”, get off at “Luchre” from where it’s a 1-minute walk. An electrically powered taxi costs between CHF 25.- and CHF 35.- (depending on the number of persons and items of luggage).
No cars are allowed in Zermatt!
In Täsch, the last place on the way to Zermatt, a parking charge of at least CHF 14.50/day is made.
From Zermatt Railway Station, 1.1km. Zermatt is car-free. A high-rise car park is located in Täsch, the last settlement before Zermatt, which can be used to park your car for a fee of CHF 14.50/day.
Take the Matterhorn-Gotthard Railway to Zermatt. Then the local electric bus Red Line ‘Winkelmatten’ to the stop ‘Luchre’ (10min). From the bus stop, the path to the Youth Hostel is relatively steep (10-15% incline), before a level footpath leads to the asphalted forecourt of the Youth Hostel (30m).
4 - 10 pm
7 - 10 am
- 14 double rooms
- 3 rooms with 2 beds
- 22 rooms with 4 beds
- 6 rooms with 6 beds
- 2 rooms with 8 beds
A total of 174 beds.
Most rooms are provided with a washbasin and shower/WC.
- Breakfast buffet (incl.)
- Varied evening meal (4-course menu)
- Lunch or packed lunch on request
- Several day rooms
- Sun terrace
- Kiosk with souvenirs
- Reading and games corner
- Table football
- Vending machine for drinks and coffee
- Ski room
- Luggage can be stored at the hostel on arrival and departure day at any given time
- Internet corner
- Free WiFi
- Zermatt is where the dream of ski- or snowboarding all year round finally comes true. By being the biggest and the highest located ski-all-year-round region, Zermatt assures an absolute “snow security”. In winter it’s 360km of slopes for all levels that are available. Let’s cross the border and ride freely between Switzerland to Italy. And in summer? Simply enjoy the 20 km of slopes on the glacier Theodul (“Theodulgletscher”)
- From the youth hostel the closest skilift is only 10 minutes away on foot (600m). The ski bus stop is only 100 m away from the hostel.
- More info about winter activities in Zermatt
- Open lifts and pistes
- Snow report