We're currently closed. We'll be back on 12 April 2014. Bookings and requests can be accepted.
Stein am Rhein Youth Hostel
A jewel on the banks of the Rhine. The route from the station to the youth hostel offers an initial view of the Rhine, flowing out of the Lake of Constance at Stein, as well as of the loveliest Old Town in Switzerland, the Mediterranean-style lake promenade, the extensive bathing resort on the river bank and, finally, the lush gardens of the youth hostel.
Barrier-free after 50 years
Modern recreation rooms as well as a mix of dormitories for school classes, family rooms and double rooms for individual travellers are awaiting the guests after the renovation which will be finished for the season‘s opening on April 12th, 2014. The popular terrace overlooking the Rhine and the spacious garden with the play ground remain unchanged.
In addition to a barrier-free access, the renovation is granting a varierty of vacation offers, which fulfill the modern needs of the guests. The entrance area, the lobby as well as the self-service restaurant will also undergo a renovation.
In partnership with:
and the "Jakob und Emma Windler-Stiftung"
Twenty minutes' on foot from the station, over the Rhine and then left along the riverbank via the jetty. By German trolley bus no 7349 in the direction to Ramsen/Singen, disembarking at "Strandbad".
By car from the small village direction Schaffhausen, Hemishofen, Singen (DE). The youth hostel has a limited number of chargeable car parking spaces.
- 12 Apr 2014 - 26 Oct 2014
- 1 double room with shower/WC barrier-free
- 6 rooms with 2 beds and washbasin
- 4 rooms with 4 beds and washbasin
- 9 rooms with 6 beds and washbasin
- 1 rooms with 8 beds and washbasin
A total of 92 beds.
8 additional beds available.
Shower/WC on the floor.
- Breakfast buffet (incl.)
- Varied evening meal (3-course-menu)
- Packed lunch
- Lunch for groupes
- Vegetarian menus on request
- Various drinks to buy
- Kiosk with sweets etc. at the reception
- Large dining room and lounge
- One recreation room and classroom (seminar equipment available)
- TV room / Reading room with library
- Play area for children
- Playing field with volley ball court, football goals and basketball
- Outdoor table tennis
- Barbecue area
- Seating area on the terrace
- Various games
- Bike cellar
- Changing table, baby beds
- Canoe and kayak rental
- Guided canoe tour for groups and schools
- Internet corner
- Free WiFi