Stein am Rhein Youth Hostel
A jewel on the banks of the Rhine. The route from the station to the youth hostel offers an initial view of the Rhine, flowing out of the Lake of Constance at Stein, as well as of the loveliest Old Town in Switzerland, the Mediterranean-style lake promenade, the extensive bathing resort on the river bank and, finally, the lush gardens of the youth hostel.
An easily accessible location
All routes lead straight past the youth hostel, no matter whether you take the boat down the river or cycle along the river. The hostel dates back to 1963 and stands in the middle of a multi-purpose garden, which also comprises a large playing field and barbecue area. The hostel is also a canoe station. Canoes and all equipment can be hired for an enjoyable trip downriver, for example to Schaffhausen.
Twenty minutes' on foot from the station, over the Rhine and then left along the riverbank via the jetty. By German trolley bus no 7349 in the direction to Ramsen/Singen, disembarking at "Strandbad".
Twenty minutes' on foot from the station, over the Rhine and then left along the riverbank via the jetty. By trolley bus to Singen, disembarking at "Strandbad". The youth hostel has a limited number of chargeable car parking spaces.
- 16 Mar 2013 - 27 Oct 2013
- 7 rooms with 2 beds and washbasin
- 4 rooms with 4 beds and washbasin
- 9 rooms with 6 beds and washbasin
- 1 rooms with 8 beds and washbasin
A total of 92 beds.
8 additional beds available.
Shower/WC on the floor.
- Breakfast buffet (incl.)
- Varied evening meal (3-course-menu)
- Packed lunch
- Lunch for groupes
- Vegetarian menus on request
- Various drinks to buy
- Kiosk with sweets etc. at the reception
- Large dining room and lounge
- One recreation room and classroom (seminar equipment available)
- TV room / Reading room with library
- Play area for children
- Playing field with volley ball court, football goals and basketball
- Outdoor table tennis
- Barbecue area
- Seating area on the terrace
- Various games
- Bike cellar
- Changing table, baby beds
- Canoe and kayak rental
- Guided canoe tour for groups and schools
- Internet corner
- Free WiFi