Stein am Rhein Youth Hostel
A jewel on the banks of the Rhine. The route from the station to the youth hostel offers an initial view of the Rhine, flowing out of the Lake of Constance at Stein, as well as of the loveliest Old Town in Switzerland, the Mediterranean-style lake promenade, the extensive bathing resort on the river bank and, finally, the lush gardens of the youth hostel.
Barrier-free after 50 years
50 years after their opening the Stein am Rhein Youth Hostel has been renovated. Now, in order to allow barrier-free use of the youth hostel, a lift is being installed and the Swiss Youth Hostels redesigned the entire public area including the reception and food-serving area at the same time. With this conversion and the previous investment in 2006, the youth hostel becomes barrier-free for all day rooms and room types. Thanks to the skilful integration of the necessary conversions, the youth hostel is not only being made more accessible for people with disabilities, it is also becoming more attractive for all guests.
The project shows in exemplary fashion how well-thought-out solutions can achieve barrier-free access and simultaneously result in improved operation that benefits all guests, thus creating added value.
In partnership with:
and the "Jakob und Emma Windler-Stiftung"
Twenty minutes' on foot from the station, over the Rhine and then left along the riverbank via the jetty. By German trolley bus no 7349 in the direction to Ramsen/Singen, disembarking at "Strandbad". And then 3 minutes by foot to the hostel.
By car from the small village direction Schaffhausen, Hemishofen, Singen (DE). The youth hostel has a limited number of chargeable car parking spaces.
- 12 Apr - 26 Oct 2014
- 21 Mar - 25 Oct 2015
5 - 10 pm
8 - 10 am
- 1 double room with shower/WC barrier-free
- 2 double rooms with washbasin
- 4 rooms with 2 beds and washbasin
- 4 rooms with 4 beds and washbasin
- 9 rooms with 6 beds and washbasin
- 1 rooms with 8 beds and washbasin
A total of 92 beds.
8 additional beds available.
Shower/WC on the floor.
Good to know
All Swiss Youth Hostels can be booked on site.
- Breakfast buffet (incl.)
- Varied evening meal (3-course-menu)
- Packed lunch on request
- Lunch for groupes
- Vegetarian menus on request
- Various drinks to buy
- Kiosk with sweets etc. at the reception
- Large dining room and lounge
- One recreation room and classroom (seminar equipment available)
- TV room / Reading room with library
- Play area for children
- Playing field with volley ball court, football goals and basketball
- Outdoor table tennis
- Barbecue area
- Seating area on the terrace
- Various games
- Bike cellar
- Changing table, baby beds
- Internet corner
- Free WiFi