Solothurn Youth Hostel
Anyone who drops in at the Youth Hostel Solothurn can experience a thing or two! And you can take "dropping in" literally - the Aare cycle route leads right past the youth hostel. The hostel is worth visiting just to look at the modern steel and glass construction within the historic "Am Land" customs house. In the evening, the (old) town just round the corner draws you into its dreamy narrow streets, cosy pubs and legendary range of cultural and leisure activities for the young and young at heart.
A young house in old clothes
Once upon a time it was a historic 17th-century house serving the people of Solothurn as a trading and customs house, a warehouse, a theatre and finally as a schoolhouse. A modern steel and glass construction was put into the house and it was opened as a youth hostel in 1994. The architecture highlights the separate areas for sleeping, recreation and seminars. The bedrooms, for example, are little houses within a house - forget the sleeping bag, you'll dream the Nordic way here.
From SBB station on foot in 5 minutes, over the Kreuzacker bridge and left into Landhausquai.
No parking space by the hostel.
(approx. 600m from Solothurn Railway Station, from the nearest bus stop ‘Postplatz’ 300m to the Youth Hostel)
From Solothurn Railway Station, take the No. 1 bus in the direction of Oberdorf (2 minutes), and alight at the stop ‘Postplatz’. All buses provide wheelchair access. From here continue for around 300m along the embankment (downstream) on the Landhausquai until you reach the Youth Hostel.
The Youth Hostel does not have any parking spaces.
- 04 Mar 2013 - 30 Nov 2013
- 18 Jan 2014 - 01 Feb 2014
- 03 Mar 2014 - 29 Nov 2014
- 4 rooms with 3 beds and shower/WC
- 2 rooms with 5 beds and washbasin
- 2 rooms with 6 beds
- 2 rooms with 7 beds
- 4 rooms with 9 beds
- 1 room with 10 beds
A total of 94 beds.
Showers/WCs on the floor.
- Breakfast buffet (incl.)
- Varied evening meal
- Lunch and packed lunch on request
- Partly with bio and natura menus, vegetarian menus on request
- Special events by prior arrangement
- Seminar room with video/TV, music system, overhead projector, screen, board, flip chart and dia projector
- Several recreation areas
- Games gallery with billiards
- Gallery "Mezzanin" with tea kitchen and vue of the Aare river
- A variety of games equipment
- Roof terrace
- Old town inner courtyard
- Cycle cellar
- Free WiFi