Schaan-Vaduz Youth Hostel
You could come across the Prince of Liechtenstein doing his shopping, go walking in "heaven", discover historic postage stamps, watch birds of prey taking part in the local falconry display, climb ruins or cycle to the disco in the neighbouring country. The Principality of Liechtenstein may only cover 160 square kilometres but it houses a wide variety of leisure and sports facilities. The youth hostel, right at its heart, is an inviting place from which to set off on your voyage of discovery.
The little land of Liechtenstein: the charm of a tiny country
The youth hostel, which was renovated just a few years ago, lies in a rural setting 500 metres away from the main highway, at the point where Schaan and Vaduz meet. The hostel provides a place to stay en route for cyclists travelling the "Veloland Schweiz" Rhine cycle route. The bright and spacious hostel is particularly suitable for groups of sportsmen and -women and families. Family groups, looking for a quiet stay en famille, can stay in one of the hostel's family rooms.
An attractive, well-equipped conference room, large enough to accommodate up to 60 delegates makes the hostel an appealing venue for seminars and project weeks. Diners can enjoy a panoramic view of fields and mountains, complete with fiery red sunset with their meal. Dinner is served from the barbecue, weather-permitting of course. The field in front of the hostel is an ideal place for a game of football or table tennis and games equipment is also available.
The youth hostel lies on "Veloland Schweiz" Rhine route 2.
Take the train to Sargans, Buchs or Feldkirch. Change to the postbus. Get off at the “Mühleholz” stop from where it is a five-minute walk to the youth hostel.
take the main Schaan-Vaduz road. The youth hostel turning is signposted. The youth hostel has a limited number of chargeable car parking spaces.
(from the Railway Station Buchs SG approx. 3.2km, from the ‘Mühleholz’ stop approx. 600m)
From the Railway Station Buchs SG, take the No. 12 Liechtenstein Bus as far as the ‘Mühleholz’ stop. Travel back long Landstrasse for 100m, then turn off to the left into Marianumstrasse and follow this until Gapetschstrasse (approx. 300m). Now turn off to the right, and after approx. 50m cross the road and turn into Untere Rüttigasse. Continue along this road for approx. 100m, and then turn off to the left into the Youth Hostel (signposted). From here it is about 50m to the building.
- 07 Mar - 25 Oct 2015
- 05 Mar - 23 Oct 2016
- Groups outside opening dates on request
5 - 9 pm
8 - 10 am
2 rooms with 2 beds and washbasin
(single occupancy possible)
2 rooms with 2 beds and washbasin/WC
(single occupancy possible)
- Rooms with 2 beds can also be booked as single rooms
- 4 rooms with 5 beds and washbasin/shower
- 2 units each with 5 beds (double room, room with 3 beds, washbasin, shower/WC)
- 12 rooms with 6 beds
A total of 110 beds.
Showers/WC on the floor.
Good to know
All Swiss Youth Hostels can be booked on site.
- Breakfast buffet (incl.), in low season from 7.30 - 8.30 am, in high season from 7.30 - 9.00 am
- Varied evening meal at 6.30 pm (on order in advance)
- Lunch for groups and packed lunch on request
- Vegetarian menus by prior arrangement
- Dining room (80 seats)
- Conference room (max. 50 seats) with TV, video, 2 overhead projectors, screen, piano, flipchart and magnetic board
- Games room with table football, darts and billiards
- Grassed play area with two football goals
- Games equipment available on payment of a deposit
- Laundry room
- Internet corner
- Rent a Bike: Bike rental at reasonable prices
- Free WiFi