Richterswil Youth Hostel
There are perhaps only a few people in the whole world who have heard of Richterswil. But anyone discovering the little town on Lake Zurich will doubtless have fond memories of their stay in the youth hostel. The recently converted building is situated right on the lake, in a beautiful and extensive park. This former silk factory is a perfect place for sports holidays, conferences and events of all kinds. What's more, the S-Bahn link to Richterswil is ideal for people who want to get to know Zurich but would rather live in the country than the busy city.
Regardless of whether you want to stay just one night or several days, you will find a little holiday paradise at the Horn. Water babies can go swimming, rowing, windsurfing and diving virtually outside the door. Bon viveurs can take a cruise on the boats of Lake Zurich. Lovers of art and culture will make their way to Einsiedeln, an important place of pilgrimage with an impressive Benedictine monastery. Globetrotters will value its proximity to the lively metropolis of Zurich, and yet enjoy the opportunity to relax after an exhausting day in the city.
Your local discounts
- 10% on pedalo renting (Available from May-October at the hostel reception)
- Alpamare: 15% discount on entrance
Further member benefits
Take suburban railway (S-Bahn) No. 2 or 8 from Zurich to Richterswil (every 30 minutes). From Richterswil station/boat landing stage it’s a three-minute walk along the lakeside path to the youth hostel.
From Zurich airport, it’s 41 minutes on suburban railway No. 2 to Richterswil (direct train connection).
Take the Richterswil motorway exit and drive to the village. Turn left at Seestrasse and straight ahead until you see the signpost “Horn”/Jugendherberge. The youth hostel has a limited number of chargeable car parking spaces.
(from Richterswil Railway Station approx. 400m)
From Richterswil Railway Station continue along the lake for approx. 400m, in a north-westerly direction. At the yacht harbour turn right along to follow the edge of the lake. After about 50m you will find the Youth Hostel on the left-hand side. Access to the building is provided by the ramp that leads to the terrace to the side of the main entrance.
- 25 Feb - 26 Nov 2017
5 - 10 pm
7 - 10 am
- 15 rooms with 2 beds
- 11 rooms with 4 beds
- 1 room with 6 beds
A total of 80 beds.
Showers/WC on the floor.
Good to know
All Swiss Youth Hostels can be booked on site.
- Breakfast buffet (incl.)
- Varied evening meal
- Lunch and packed lunch for groups on request
- Light meals, ice creams and drinks in the public lakeside restaurant
- Special events on request
- Day room with reading corner, table football
- Seminar room, conference room
- Children’s play room with wooden castle
- Family-oriented facilities
- Various games
- Large park (open to the public) with children’s playground
- Terrace (for guests only)
- Drinks vending machine (coffee and mineral water)
- Public self-service restaurant
- Barrier-free, hand-operated pedalo (chargeable)
- Internet corner
- Free WiFi