We're currently closed. We'll be back on 01 Apr 2014. Bookings and requests can be accepted.
Rapperswil-Jona Youth Hostel
The Jona youth hostel lies in a rural setting, close to the Lake of Zürich and yet is only 20 minutes' walk from the small, historic town of Rapperswil. The former old people's home in the Busskirch part of town was converted to a youth hostel in 1991.
The hostel has a south-facing balcony overlooking the lake
Jona is the place where a whole host of holiday dreams come true and thanks to its lake-side location, is an ideal base for all water-sports lovers. The family youth hostel is in the middle of the countryside, surrounded by fields, alpine meadows and a farm, which is home to a wide variety of animals. Children can play outside and stroke the animals, while their parents can sit together in the covered seating area in the garden.
Your local discounts
(Available all the year round at the hostel reception)
- 15% discount on admission charge children’s zoo Knie
- Guests recieve the Guest card
Further member benefits
Take the train to Rapperswil. From the station, it’s a 25-minute walk alongside Lake Zurich or take the “Bhf Süd 991” bus to the “Busskirch” stop from where it’s a 10-minute walk to the youth hostel.
The youth hostel has a limited number of chargeable car parking spaces.
Rapperswil Station: approx 2km
Jona Station: approx. 1.6km
Bus stop ‘Busskirchstrasse’: approx. 700m
From Rapperswil Süd Railway Station, take the No. 911 bus to the stop ‘Busskirchstrasse’ (low-floor buses). Wheel around 50 back to the roundabout, then turn left into Busskirchstrasse. After approx. 300 metres Busskirchstrasse becomes Blaubrunnenstrasse. Continue along this road for a further 200 metres, and then turn right into Hessenhofweg. The youth hostel is located around 80 metres along on the right-hand side.
The youth hostel has a chargeable, wheelchair-accessible car parking space. Distance to the main entrance: approx. 20m. We will be pleased to make the disabled car parking space available free of charge for holders of an official blue disabled person’s parking permit.
- 01 Apr - 01 Nov 2014
5 - 10 pm
7.30 - 10 am
- 4 rooms with 2 beds, washbasin and balcony
- 4 rooms with 2 beds and washbasin
- 13 rooms with 4 beds, washbasin and balcony
- 1 room with 6 beds and balcony
A total of 74 beds.
Showers/WC on the floor.
- Breakfast buffet (incl.)
- Varied evening meal
- Lunch and packed lunch for groups on request
- Vegetarian menus by prior arrangement
- Children’s menus available
- Various group and seminar rooms (seminar equipment available)
- Day room with open fire, TV, drinks vending machine and library
- Coffee room with refrigerator
- Children’s playroom
- Games room with pinball machines, table football, typhoon, jukebox, etc.
- Table tennis
- Covered garden seating area
- Grassed play area with children’s playground
- Internet corner
- Free WiFi