Lucerne Youth Hostel
Stroll down the lakeside promenade, admire the splendid guild-houses in the fabulous old town, conquer the surrounding mountain peaks, meet people from all over the world and pop back to the youth hostel now and again for a rest. Lucerne has retained a great deal of the quality of life which makes its guests feel at home. Not for nothing do people go into raptures about its gorgeous location on the lake in the middle of the mountains of central Switzerland!
A meeting point
The Lucerne youth hostel is a really international place. Here you will actually feel the global attraction of Lucerne, the «city of lights», simply a must for many people who travel in Europe. This makes the 206-bed hostel with its cheap options for bed and board just perfect! The functional bedrooms, most with two to six beds, are one thing. Almost more important are the meeting places in the hostel: the spacious entrance hall on the ground floor thrives on the international atmosphere of the guests. Furnished in a modern style, it provides an ideal meeting point. Guests who are just checking in hang around here, as do those who have just returned from conquering the city and want to rest for a while before sampling the nightlife. Right next door are the library with reading room. And if you fancy a snack between the generous breakfast and the evening meal, you can always get one.
Your local discounts
(Available all the year round)
- From 1st Jan 2017: Ticket for public transport included. Benefit from a free ticket for public transport in Lucerne or the surrounding area. The ticket is valid in the zone 10 and is for 2nd class travel (excluding boat trips) for the duration of your stay from the day you arrive to the day of your departure.
- Tell-Pass: Stay 2 or more nights and get 15 peaks free of charge.
- Guest card at the hostel reception
- Classic Walking Tours: CHF 2.- discount
- Glacier Garden and Mirror Labyrinth: CHF 2.-/adult, CHF 1.-/child discount
- Historical Museum Lucerne: 20% discount
- Museum of Art Lucerne: 20% discount
- Natural History Museum Lucerne: CHF 1.- discount
- Bourbaki Panorama: CHF 1.- discount
- Collection Rosengart Lucerne: CHF 2.- discount
- Richard-Wagner Museum: CHF 2.- discount
- Museum of Transport Switzerland: CHF 4.-/adult, CHF 2.-/child CHF 5.-/family discount
- Lucerne Theatre: 5% discount
- Mini golf Lido: 10% discount
Your member benefits
From the station with bus no 18 to the ‘Jugendherberge’ stop or with bus no 19 to the 'Gopplismoosweg’ stop, then it's 5 minutes' walk to the youth hostel. Or by bus no 1 to the 'Schlossberg’ stop and 10 minutes' walk to the youth hostel.
Take exit 'Emmen Süd', travel in the direction of Rotsee/Spital. The youth hostel has a limited number of chargeable car parking spaces.
Variant I, around 200m: From Lucerne Railway Station, take the No. 18 bus (journey time around 11 minutes). Alight at the bus stop ‘Jugendherberge’. Following the signs, it is possible to reach the Youth Hostel without passing any steps. However, the inclines are over 10%. The Youth Hostel can be reached by a slightly flatter route if one follows the road.
Variant II, around 400m: From Lucerne Railway Station, take the No. 18 or No. 19 bus (journey time around 11 minutes). Alight at the bus stop ‘Gopplismoosweg’. Barrier-free, although steep footpath via Spital (route indicated with yellow signs), with little traffic. Fahrstrasse needs to be crossed twice, once at traffic lights without a signal, and once at traffic lights with a signal.
The No. 18 and 19 buses are all low-floor buses. In the case of electric wheelchairs, please phone the Lucerne public transport company ‘Verkehrsbetrieben Luzern’ at least 1 hour in advance. Phone: +41 41 369 65 65.
The youth hostel has one chargeable, wheelchair-accessible car parking space. We will be pleased to make the disabled car parking space available free of charge for holders of an official blue disabled person’s parking permit.
- Apr-Oct: 7 am - midnight
- Nov-Mar: 7 - 10 am / 3 pm - midnight
- Apr-Oct: at any time
- Nov-Mar: from 3 pm
until 10 am
- 7 rooms with 2 beds
- 4 rooms with 2 beds and shower/WC
- 4 rooms with 3 beds
- 18 rooms with 4 beds
- 10 rooms with 6 beds
- 2 rooms with 20 beds
A total of 206 beds.
Showers/WC on the floor.
Good to know
All Swiss Youth Hostels can be booked on site.
- Breakfast buffet (incl.)
- Varied evening meal
- Lunch for groups and packed lunch on request
- Hot/cold drinks available
- Conference room
- Spacious open lounge
- Billiards, table tennis
- TV room
- Children's corner with blackboard
- Garden seating
- Cellar for bike
- Laundry service
- Rent a Bike: Bike rental at reasonable prices
- Free WiFi