Leissigen Youth Hostel
Formerly the summer residence of an industrial family from Berne, Leissigen youth hostel is now a holiday oasis, offering stylish, comfortable rooms, many with lake view. The youth hostel "Albert Wander Haus" is situated in the idyllic little village of Leissigen, right on the Lake of Thun. There's plenty of space for children to play and for adults to relax in its wide open surroundings and on its pebble beach. An ideal location for family holidays. The youth hostel has a private beach.
Youth hostel with own beach
Stretch out under a parasol, glance occasionally in the direction of the lake to check what the children are up to in the water. Incidentally the lake is ideal for swimming or surfing, feeding the ducks or butterfly-watching - nature in its purest form is always included.
Barbecue parties are sometimes held in the youth hostel garden at dinner times. A very special evening is guaranteed when the full moon shines over the lake.
Your local discounts
(Available at the hostel reception)
- Guests get the Guest card all the year round at the hostel reception.
- Reduced price for sailboards CHF 5.-
- Reduced price for rowboat rents CHF 7.-
Your member benefits
By train from Interlaken or Spiez (local train) to Leissigen. Five minutes' walk from Leissingen station to the youth hostel (sign-posted).
The youth hostel has a limited number of chargeable car parking spaces, for which advance reservation is recommended.
- 17 Apr - 18 Oct 2015
5- 9 pm
8 - 10 am
- 6 rooms with 2 beds and washbasin
- 3 rooms with 3 beds and washbasin
- 3 rooms with 4 beds and washbasin
- 1 room with 5 beds and washbasin
- 1 room with 6 beds and washbasin
A total of 44 beds.
Showers/WC on the floor.
Good to know
All Swiss Youth Hostels can be booked on site.
- Breakfast buffet (incl.)
- Varied evening meals
- Packed lunch on request
- Children's menus and vegetarian food on request
- 2 lounges
- Children's play area
- A large offer of board games and books
- Large garden with playground
- Table tennis
- Nine men's morris
- Private pebble beach
- Floating platform
- Rowing boat and surfboards to paddle
- Rent a Bike: Bike rental at reasonable prices
- Free WiFi