Interlaken Youth Hostel
Interlaken is a town with international flair. The unique location of the youth hostel next door to Interlaken-Ost Railway Station and at the foot of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau mountains offers boundless pleasure for adventurous guests. A train journey up to Jungfraujoch is one of the highlights of a trip through Switzerland. Jungfraujoch also boasts the highest railway station in Europe – at an altitude of 3,454 metres in a high-alpine wonderland of ice, snow and rock. The extensive ski areas with over 200 kilometres of pistes are also very popular in winter.
Guests at the new youth hostel meet in the spaciously appointed and designed lounge in the entrance lobby. They can sit there comfortably around the open fire, play pool or check their e-mails using the free WiFi. All 2-bed rooms have a shower/WC, as do a large number of the 4-bed rooms. The youth hostel contains a total of 220 beds.
3a – restaurant bar lounge
The menu of the in-house restaurant 3a includes classic international dishes such as green Thai curry with chicken fillet, minced meat with pappardelle and sweet and sour apple slices or penne arrabbiata. The dishes are prepared right in front of guests in woks. A seasonal salad is included in the price as a starter with every main course. The complete menu comprises three courses – starter, main course and dessert. For dessert guests can choose between different varieties of ice cream from the in-house ice cream parlour. 3a is open seven days a week from 7 am to midnight.
Further information: www.3a-interlaken.ch or in the Portrait-Video:
The new Youth Hostel is being realised jointly by Swiss Youth Hostels and Raiffeisenbank Jungfrau. In another cooperation agreement with Jungfraubahn/BOB, existing synergies are being used and the entire project is being purposefully integrated in the region in terms of tourism and the local economy. The new building will be the first hostel and one of the first banks to be built using the MINERGIE-P-ECO construction method.
Your local discounts
- Guests get the Guest card at the hostel reception
- 5% discount on Riverrafting, Canyoning, Rope park by Outdoor Interlaken
- 5% discount on Paragliding by Skywings
- 5% discount on Paragliding by Paragliding Interlaken
- 5% discount on Canyoning, Riverrafting by AlpinRaft
Further member benefits
By train to Interlaken Ost. The Youth Hostel is located directly adjacent to the railway station. Daily TGV (high-speed train) connection between Paris and Interlaken. Plus a direct connection in the opposite direction to Paris on Saturday and Sunday.
There is a turning space for buses directly in front of the hostel and a bus park (fee payable) five minutes’ walk away. The youth hostel has a limited number of chargeable car parking spaces, for which advance reservation is recommended. Some car parking spaces in an underground garage on payment of a charge.
Interlaken Ost railway station is just 200 metres from the Youth Hostel. The paths inside the station grounds have an asphalt surface and the ramps are covered in concrete. The Youth Hostel is on the same side of the road as the station and the bus stops. It can be reached without crossing any thresholds or roads. Services of mobility helpers in public transport are provided. The pedestrian area is large (12 metres wide) and is clearly separated from the road.
The youth hostel has a chargeable, wheelchair-accessible car parking space, for which advance reservation is essential. We will be pleased to make the disabled car parking space available free of charge for holders of an official blue disabled person’s parking permit.
all the year round
Open all hours from 7 am to midnight
3 - 12 pm
7 - 10 am
- 4 twin rooms with shower/WC incl. balcony
- 14 twin rooms with shower/WC
- 6 four-bed rooms with shower/WC incl. balcony
- 12 four-bed rooms with shower/WC
- 16 four-bed rooms with washbasin
- 8 six-bed rooms with washbasin
A total of 220 beds.
Duvets including bed linen. One locker per person is provided in all rooms. Twin rooms are also provided with a shower towel.
Good to know
All Swiss Youth Hostels can be booked on site.
- Breakfast (incl.)
- Varied evening meals (3-course menu)
- Restauraunt, bar, lounge open from 7 am to midnight
- Freshly prepared specialities from all over the world
- Packed lunch to order before 8 pm on the evening before
Further information: www.3a-interlaken.ch or in the
- Dining room with seating for 120 persons
- Seminar room for up to 15 or 18 persons
- Reception with mountain railway ticket sales, adventure programme (7 am - midnight)
- Day room with TV
- Unique comics library
- Children's play room
- Library with comic strips
- Internet station
- Amusement maschine (pool, etc.)
- Guest laundry room
- Safe deposit boxes
- Guest telephone
- Bike storage
- Free booking of activities
- Rent a Bike: Bike rental at reasonable prices
- Wheelchair access throughout the youth hostel
- Free WiFi