Engelberg Youth Hostel
For bookings please contact the hostel directly by e-mail: email@example.com.
From the River Aa in Engelberg - the "Angel's Mountain" - to the "end of the world". Is this your idea of holiday? Then the angel of the mountains, or "Bergengel", will grant your wish! And the more unusual, the better. How about hurtling downhill on a mountain tricycle? Or a cable car ride up to the magnificent panorama? Or quite simply the rugged, blue beauty of the mountains? Enjoy the caress of an angel's wings as you spend the night in the youth hostel.
The Lucerne-Stans-Engelberg railway has been winding its way along this 1000 metre high valley for 100 years. And if you look to your left from the train window just before the terminus in Engelberg, you may catch a glimpse of a gracious mountain chalet with bright red shutters. The youth hostel, with its 153 beds in rooms equipped for between 14 to 2 guests, has recently been renovated both inside and outside - and now invites you to a taste of unique pleasure.
The football pitch opposite and the adjoining open-air games area invite you to make the most of summer evenings. Two cosy reading and games rooms are a heaven for making the most of bad weather. Ski camps, summer camps, Ascension camps or hiking camps: it's as though this youth hostel were made for groups.
Your local discounts
- Guests are provided at the hostel reception with a guest card (PDF, 26 KB)
Your member benefits
From Lucerne via the Lucerne-Stans-Engelberg railway in one hour, 10 minutes on foot from the station.
Leave the Gotthard highway at Stans, and turn off for the Engelberg Valley. Parking adjacent to the Youth Hostel.
- 29 Nov 2013 - 21 Apr 2014
- 28 May 2014 - 19 Oct 2014
- 28 Nov 2014 - 31 Dec 2014
- 5 rooms with 2 beds, 4 with shower
- 10 rooms with 4 beds, 2 with shower
- 3 rooms with 6 beds, 1 with shower
- 2 rooms with 10 beds
- 2 rooms with 12 beds
- 1 travel bed for small children
A total of 112 beds.
Washing rooms and showers on every floor.
- Breakfast buffet (incl.)
- Evening meals or packed lunch on request the day before
- Lunch for groups on prior request
- Playroom for small children
- Table football
- Table tennis
- Internet corner
- The Engelberg Titlis snow sports region covers 82 km of slopes served by 25 lifts.
- The Titlis departure station (valley) is only 10 walking minutes far from the hostel.
- The Valley Stations “Brunnigebiet” and “Klostermatte” can be reached in 10 minutes with the ski bus.
- The ski bus stop is 50 m from the hostel and its use is free of charge.
- More info about winter activities in Engelberg
- Winter sports report
- Weather report