Everybody knows that the air up here is pure and invigorating. And lying on one of the terraces, you have got nothing but a canopy of big blue sky above you. What was formerly a sanatorium is today the Youthpalace. Even the place itself at 1,600 metres above sea level is inspiration for organising your own World Leisure-Time Forum. So, what are you waiting for? Come to Davos for that ultimate holiday feeling.
The beautiful view from "Beau-Site"
All those lazy-bones among us suffering from listlessness and boredom will find a quick cure up here, where in bygone times consumptives came in search of treatment. In a veritably palace, grandly situated high above Davos and with an aspect far superior to the commonplace. The sanatorium was aptly named "Beau-Site" when it was built in 1913, during the height of the Belle Époque and the golden age of genteel tourism in Davos. In 1927, the building was extended to become the Albula spa hotel.
Nowadays, the Youthpalace is assuredly the most exclusive Swiss Youth Hostel, located only a few minutes on foot from the Parsennbahn funicular (accessing vast skiing and hiking areas), and also directly in front of the ski runs and high-altitude hiking trail. The vistas of Davos, Lake Davos and the mountain landscapes which open up from each of the hostel's sun terraces are absolutely spectacular, and the prospects for an unforgettable stay are equally splendid.
Your local discounts
(available all the year round, more information and vouchers at the reception)
- 15% off ski and skiwear rental at Ettinger-Sport next to the Parsenn-Bahn funicular on presentation of the hotel guest card
- 15% discount on rope course Färich
- 10% discount on a tandem flight with Joyride Paragliding
- 20% discount on preordered HC Davos tickets
Your member benefits
With the Rhätische Railway from Landquart to Davos Dorf, then with the local bus as far as the "Schiabach" stop.
From Landquart to Davos. When you reach the Hotel Dischma, about 1 km after entering the resort, turn right into Horlaubenstrasse. The youth hostel has a limited number of chargeable car parking spaces, for which advance reservation is recommended.
(From Davos Dorf Railway Station, 900m, approx. 15 Swiss Trac minutes) Swiss Trac is recommended, as the path to the Youth Hostel is very steep.
From Landquart Railway Station take the Rhätischen Bahn to "Davos Dorf Station". Take the local bus line 1, 2, 3, 4 or 7 to the stop "Schiabach". Now go back some 100m along the "Promenade", and turn left into ‘Horlaubenstrasse’. Continue along the road uphill for approx. 400m.
The Youth Hostel is located at the first sharp left-hand curve (sizeable Kurhaus Building). Pass the main entrance in order to access the rear (south-western) side of the building. Level access is available here. Please call the reception in order to enable the doors to be opened.
- all year
- High season: 09 Dec 2016 - 26 Mar 2017
- Low season: 11 Apr - 08 Dec 2016
- High season: Sun-Thur 3 - 9 pm, Fri/Sat 3 - 11 pm
- Low season: 5 - 8 pm
- High and low season: 7 -10 am
- 27 double rooms
- 9 rooms with 3 beds
- 25 rooms with 4 beds (9 with truckle beds)
- 9 rooms with 6 beds
A total of 235 beds.
All the rooms are equipped with shower/WC and most of them have a large balcony.
Good to know
All Swiss Youth Hostels can be booked on site.
- breakfast buffet (incl.)
- Varied evening meal (4-course menu)
- Lunch for groups and packed lunch on request
- Special events on request
- new in high season: evening meal from 6.30 - 8 pm, Fri/Sat evening meal until 9 pm
- Saturday evening in the main season: Grisons evening with regional specialities and live music.
- Spacious dining rooms
- Various lounges and seminar rooms
- Group rooms
- TV room and reading corner
- Children's play corner
- Ski and bike rooms
- Table football, billiards
- Spacious sun terrace
- Children's playground
- Soft drinks dispenser and self-service coffee machine
- Internet corner
- Free WiFi
Please indicate your phone number if you write an e-mail to us. Thank you.