Brienz Youth Hostel
Brienz lies at the upper end of the Lake of Brienz, surrounded by beautiful alpine scenery, which provides numerous, rewarding excursion destinations. A trip on Brienz's steam-driven Rothornbahn, with its magnificent views, is an adventure for young and old alike. Alternatively you can take in the same views on a ramble to the Axalp. Brienz is an ideal water-sports area in the summer. And if this is not enough for you, there's always a visit to the tourist museum in Unterseen, near Interlaken or a trip, high above, to the Jungfrau, the Niesen or any of the other beautiful mountains of the region.
A tranquil location on the lake
Cosy rooms and all the leisure activities and excursions one could wish for. That's what's on offer when you take a family holiday at the Brienz Youth Hostel, a homely hostel in the Bernese Oberland. The Youth Hostel in Brienz is not just a miniature holiday paradise in Summer, when guests can relax, play or go swimming, but also at quieter times of the year. After all, there's plenty to see, in and around Brienz, right through from Spring to Autumn.
Your local discounts
(available at the reception)
- Open Air Museum Ballenberg 10%
- Brienzer Rothorn Railway 20% off regular tariff, 10% off half-fare card
- With stays of 2 nights or more, you can enjoy the Brienz Experience Card for the special price of CHF 75.-. It includes: admission to the Ballenberg open-air museum, a mountain & valley ride with the Brienz–Rothorn railway and a second-class return trip for a BLS boat ride on Lake Brienz.
Your member benefits
A 1½ hour train ride from Berne via Interlaken and Lucerne via Meiringen, then a 15 minute walk along the lake to the youth hostel. It's next to the lido.
Take the Brienz exit on the motorway, then follow the main road and turn left just outside the village in the direction of Axalp (signpost). The youth hostel has a limited number of chargeable car parking spaces, for which advance reservation is recommended.
- 06 Apr - 22 Oct 2017
- 13 Apr - 20 Oct 2018
5 - 10 pm
7.30 - 10 am
- 1 double room with shower/WC barrier-free
- 2 rooms with 2 beds
- 3 rooms with 4 beds
- 3 rooms with 6 beds
- 2 rooms with 8 beds
- 1 room with 12 beds
- 1 room with 16 beds
A total of 80 beds.
Lavatory and shower/WC on the floor. Shower/WC for handicapped on the ground.
Good to know
All Swiss Youth Hostels can be booked on site.
- Breakfast buffet (incl.)
- Varied evening meal
- Lunch and packed lunch on request
- Lounge with fireplace and games corner
- Kitchenette with refrigerator, microwave and kettle in the basement
- Table football in the cellar
- Sun-terrace on the first floor
- Barbecue in the garden
- Direct access to gravel beach
- Table tennis
- Hiring of stand up paddle
- Covered understory for bikes
- Free WiFi