Around half of the Principality of Liechtenstein is mountainous, but despite this, the climate is very mild. A place full of opposites, culture, cuisine.
Principality of Liechtenstein
Our beautiful youth hostel is situated between Vaduz and Schaan. If you’re travelling along the Rhine Route by bike from Switzerland, you’ll find accommodation directly on the route here from 1st of April 2021. For those who don't have to hurry on, the region has a few highlights in store. In Vaduz itself you can visit Vaduz Castle, which dates back to medieval times, and look down over the historic little town with its famous museums from 120 metres above. There's plenty of nature to be found on the circular "Fürstensteig" mountain path, and in Malbun you can watch birds of prey up close or even set out on a hike with falconers and golden eagles.
|Opening dates||01.04.2021 - 24.10.2021|
|Check-in||17:00 - 21:00|
|Check-out||08:00 - 10:00|
|Mon to Fri:||
17:00 - 21:00
|Sat and Sun:||
17:00 - 21:00
|Breakfast||07:30 - 09:00|
|Dinner||18:30 - 20:00|
How to find us
Take the train to Sargans, Buchs or Feldkirch. Change to the postbus. Get off at the «Mühleholz» stop from where it is a five-minute walk to the youth hostel.
Take the main Schaan-Vaduz road. The youth hostel turning is signposted. The youth hostel has a limited number of chargeable car parking spaces.
(from the Railway Station Buchs SG approx. 3,2 km, from the «Mühleholz» stop approx. 600 m)
From the Railway Station Buchs SG, take the No. 12 Liechtenstein Bus as far as the «Mühleholz» stop. Travel back long Landstrasse for 100 m, then turn off to the left into Marianumstrasse and follow this until Gapetschstrasse (approx. 300 m). Now turn off to the right, and after approx. 50 m cross the road and turn into Untere Rüttigasse. Continue along this road for approx. 100 m, and then turn off to the left into the Youth Hostel (signposted). From here it is about 50 m to the building.
Number of beds
Spaces for bicycles
Bed linen included
Dogs on request
At the water
Prices (in CHF) and availability
Breakfast buffet incl. Lunch on request CHF 18.50 Dinner CHF 18.50 Dinner for children aged 2–5 years CHF 8.50 Dinner for children aged 6–12 years CHF 14.50 Packed lunch on request CHF 8.50
Further price information
- All prices exclusive of taxes CHF 1.50 per person/night, including VAT.
- The Hostel Card Standard is included in the price of accommodation and is valid from the day of arrival to the day of departure.
- You have the option of purchasing a Hostel Card Premium and benefit from cheaper accommodation prices in all Swiss youth Hostels. More information about the Hostel Card Premium
- Groups (minimum of 10 people) are advised to buy a Hostel Card Premium (personal: CHF 55.– / non-personal: CHF 99.–)
- Children aged 2 to 5 stay for just CHF 15.– and children aged 6 to 12 for just CHF 25.– per night in the parents’ or grandparents’ room, including breakfast. Babies aged from 0 to 1 stay in a cot, where available, free of charge. Children’s prices do not apply to double rooms.
- Group rates for children aged 2–5 years, a flat rate of CHF 15.–; from 6–12 years, accommodation prices / group prices apply
- Car park per night CHF 7.–
- Voluntary CO2-Compensation CHF 0.30
- Rates are subject to change
- All rates in CHF
All rooms of Schaan-Vaduz Youth Hostel have barrier-free access.
Room Barrier-free beds per room 12 double rooms with shower/WC 2 beds 4 family rooms with shower/WC 3 beds 10 4-bed rooms with washbasin 2 beds 6 6-bed rooms with washbasin 3 beds
The car park has a ramp that goes up to the entrance on the ground floor.
The lift travels from the basement, where the games room is located, up to the top floor. The conference room can be found on the top floor and is accessible via the lift.
- The width of the corridor in front of the elevator is 200 cm
- Elevator width: 70 cm
- Elevator depth: 170 cm
The room door width is 80 cm.
Both of the two floors with rooms have a barrier-free toilet/shower.
The bathroom dimensions are:
- Width of bathroom door: 80 cm
- Shower seat
- Shower handle
By train / by foot
From the Railway Station Buchs SG approx. 3.2 km, from the «Mühleholz» stop approx. 600 m
By train to Sargans, Buchs or Feldkirch. Transfer to the Postbus. From Buchs SG station take Lichtenstein Bus No 12 to the «Mühleholz» stop from where it takes 5 mins. to reach the youth hostel. Travel back long Landstrasse for 100 m, then turn off to the left into Marianumstrasse and follow this until Gapetschstrasse (approx. 300 m). Now turn off to the right, and after approx. 50m cross the road and turn into Untere Rüttigasse. Continue along this road for approx. 100 m, and then turn off to the left into the Youth Hostel (signposted). From here it is about 50 m to the building.
Along the main road Schaan-Vaduz. The junction to the youth hostel is signposted. The youth hostel has only normal, chargeable parking spaces. Please ensure you make an advance reservation. We will be pleased to make the disabled car parking space available free of charge for holders of the official blue disabled person’s parking permit.
- Swiss Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired: Barrier-free public transport (website only in German and French)
- Swiss Railways (SBB): Passengers with a handicap
- Gartmann Tino
9470 Buchs SG
Phone: +41 78 788 60 00
- TopPharm Apotheke Schaan
9494 Schaan FL
Phone: +423 232 48 44