Around half of the Principality of Liechtenstein is mountainous, but despite this, the climate is very mild. A place full of opposites, culture, cuisine.
Our beautiful youth hostel is situated between Vaduz and Schaan. If you come cycling from Switzerland on the Rhine route, you'll find accommodation directly on the way here. For those who don't have to hurry on, the region has a few highlights in store. In Vaduz itself you can visit Vaduz Castle, which dates back to medieval times, and look down over the historic little town with its famous museums from 120 metres above. There's plenty of nature to be found on the circular "Fürstensteig" mountain path, and in Malbun you can watch birds of prey up close or even set out on a hike with falconers and golden eagles.
|Opening dates||29.03.2018 - 21.10.2018||29.03.2019 - 20.10.2019|
|Check-in||17:00 - 21:00||17:00 - 21:00|
|Check-out||08:00 - 10:00||08:00 - 10:00|
|Mon to Fri:||
17:00 - 21:00
17:00 - 21:00
|Sat and Sun:||
17:00 - 21:00
17:00 - 21:00
|Breakfast||07:30 - 09:00||07:30 - 09:00|
|Dinner||18:30 - 20:00||18:30 - 20:00|
How to find us
Take the train to Sargans, Buchs or Feldkirch. Change to the postbus. Get off at the «Mühleholz» stop from where it is a five-minute walk to the youth hostel.
Take the main Schaan-Vaduz road. The youth hostel turning is signposted. The youth hostel has a limited number of chargeable car parking spaces.
(from the Railway Station Buchs SG approx. 3,2 km, from the «Mühleholz» stop approx. 600 m)
From the Railway Station Buchs SG, take the No. 12 Liechtenstein Bus as far as the «Mühleholz» stop. Travel back long Landstrasse for 100 m, then turn off to the left into Marianumstrasse and follow this until Gapetschstrasse (approx. 300 m). Now turn off to the right, and after approx. 50m cross the road and turn into Untere Rüttigasse. Continue along this road for approx. 100 m, and then turn off to the left into the Youth Hostel (signposted). From here it is about 50 m to the building.
Number of beds
Spaces for bicycles
Bed linen included
At the water
Prices (in CHF) and availability
Breakfast buffet incl. Lunch on request 17.50 CHF Dinner 17.50 CHF Dinner for children aged 2–5 years 8.50 CHF Dinner for children aged 6–12 years 14.50 CHF Packed lunch on request 8.50 CHF
Further price information
- All prices exclusive of taxes CHF 1.50 per person/night, including VAT.
- The Hostel Card Standard is included in the price of accommodation and is valid from the day of arrival to the day of departure.
- You have the option of purchasing a Hostel Card Premium and benefit from cheaper accommodation prices in all Swiss youth Hostels. More information about the Hostel Card Premium
- Groups (minimum of 10 people) are advised to buy a Hostel Card Premium (personal: CHF 55.– / non-personal: CHF 99.–)
- Children aged 2 to 5 stay for just CHF 15.– and children aged 6 to 12 for just CHF 25.– per night in the parents’ or grandparents’ room, including breakfast. Babies aged from 0 to 1 stay in a cot, where available, free of charge. Children’s prices do not apply to double rooms.
- Group rates for children aged 2–5 years, a flat rate of CHF 15.–; from 6–12 years, accommodation prices / group prices apply
- Car park per night CHF 7.–
- Voluntary CO2-Compensation CHF 0.30
- Rates are subject to change
- All rates in CHF
Seminars & events
Details and prices
Standard seminar room facilities
- 2 daylight projectors
- 2 flipcharts
- Morning or afternoon snack (coffee, croissants, fruit): CHF 7.– p.p.
- Mineral water in the seminar room: separate drinks list
- Buffet lunch (incl. 0.5 l bottle of mineral water and coffee): CHF 20.– p.p.
- Buffet evening meal (incl. 0.5 l bottle of mineral water and coffee): CHF 20.– p.p.
- Aperitifs / catering: individual quotations according to requirements
for 45 working places (table and chair) or 80 seats
- Whole day (7 am – 8 pm) CHF 180.–
- Half day (4 hours) CHF 100.–
- Rental rates for evening and other events on request
Other room possibilities: Dining room, day room (price on request)
Additional items / prices
- TV with video system / DVD: CHF 30.– per day
- Photocopies: CHF 0.30 (per copy)
- Fax: CHF 4.–
- Piano: CHF 50.– per day
Climbing parc, trekking tours, cycling and bike tours, etc.
For more information see: www.tourismus.li
Attractive daily rates incl. seminar room rental and full catering (morning snack/lunch/afternoon snack incl. mineral water in the seminar room)
- from 10 persons CHF 60.– p.p.
- from 20 persons CHF 55.– p.p.
- 30–45 persons CHF 50.– p.p.
8 rooms of Schaan-Vaduz Youth Hostel have barrier-free access.
Room Barrier-free beds per room 2 rooms with two beds and washbasin 1–2 beds 6 rooms with six beds 2–3 beds
There is no ramp .
A stair-lift takes guests from the ground floor, where the games and television room is located, to the 1st storey. The conference room is on the second floor and is not barrier-free.
- The width of the corridor in front of the elevator is 200 cm
- Elevator width: 70 cm
- Elevator depth: 80 cm
The room door width is 77 cm.
Barrier-free wet cell
2 disability-friendly WC/showers are available on the rooms floor.
The wet cell dimensions are:
- Width of wet cell door: 84 cm
- Shower seat
- Shower handle
By train / by foot
From the Railway Station Buchs SG approx. 3.2 km, from the «Mühleholz» stop approx. 600 m
By train to Sargans, Buchs or Feldkirch. Transfer to the Postbus. From Buchs SG station take Lichtenstein Bus No 12 to the «Mühleholz» stop from where it takes 5 mins. to reach the youth hostel. Travel back long Landstrasse for 100 m, then turn off to the left into Marianumstrasse and follow this until Gapetschstrasse (approx. 300 m). Now turn off to the right, and after approx. 50m cross the road and turn into Untere Rüttigasse. Continue along this road for approx. 100 m, and then turn off to the left into the Youth Hostel (signposted). From here it is about 50 m to the building.
Along the main road Schaan-Vaduz. The junction to the youth hostel is signposted. The youth hostel has only normal, chargeable parking spaces. Please ensure you make an advance reservation. We will be pleased to make the disabled car parking space available free of charge for holders of the official blue disabled person’s parking permit.
- Information about public transport for people in wheelchairs (website only in German, French and Italian)
- Swiss Railways (SBB): Passengers with a handicap
- Gartmann Tino
9470 Buchs SG
Phone: +41 78 788 60 00
- TopPharm Apotheke Schaan
9494 Schaan FL
Phone: +423 232 48 44