The Youth Hostel boasts a range of indoor and outdoor activities that is unique in Switzerland. Here, balance and essentials are cultivated in an exceptional natural setting.
An exciting range of activities awaits you at the Franches-Montagne Recreation Centre (CLFM). The covered ice rink invites you to play ice hockey and go figure skating. While you can exercise in the fitness centre and in the indoor swimming pool with its 25-metre pool and water slide, the wellness area offers peace and tranquillity. In the evening, a colourful bathing experience awaits you in the heated, illuminated outdoor pools. In summer and when the weather is nice, you can also relax on the beautiful lawn with deckchairs. Depending on the season, the local countryside is an ideal place for cycling, hiking, horseback riding, cross-country skiing and snowshoeing.
|Opening dates||01.01.2022 - 31.12.2022|
17:00 - 19:30
|Check-out||08:00 - 09:30|
|Mon to Fri:||08:00 - 20:30|
|Sat and Sun:||08:00 - 19:30|
|Breakfast||07:00 - 10:00|
|Lunch||11:45 - 13:30|
|Dinner||18:30 - 20:00|
How to find us
Number of beds
Spaces for bicycles
Bed linen included
Dogs on request
At the water
Breakfast buffet incl. Lunch on request CHF 19.50 Dinner CHF 19.50 Lunch or dinner for children ages 2 to 12 CHF 14.00 Packed lunch on request CHF 8.50
Further price information
- All prices exclusive of taxes CHF 2.00 per person/night, including VAT.
- The Hostel Card Standard is included in the price of accommodation and is valid from the day of arrival to the day of departure.
- You have the option of purchasing a Hostel Card Premium and benefit from cheaper accommodation prices in all Swiss youth Hostels. More information about the Hotel Card Premium.
- Groups (minimum of 10 people) are advised to buy a Hostel Card Premium (personal: CHF 55.– / non-personal: CHF 99.–)
- Children ages 2 to 5 stay for just CHF 15.– and children ages 6 to 12 for just CHF 25.– per night in the parents’ or grandparents’ room, including breakfast. Babies from birth to age 1 stay in a cot, where available, free of charge. Children’s prices do not apply to double rooms.
- Group rates for children ages 2 to 5, a flat rate of CHF 15.–; ages 6 to 12 years, accommodation prices / group prices apply
- Car parking is free of charge
- Rates are subject to change, all rates in CHF
The Franches-Montagne Recreation Centre
Franches-Montagne Recreation Centre (CLFM)
The Franches-Montagne Recreation Centre (homepage 2021 DE | CLFM) offers a wide range of different summer and winter sports activities, as well as wellness and fitness facilities, for an additional fee.
Indoor swimming pool
- 25-m swimming pool with 5 lanes
- Children’s pool
- 1-m springboard
- Whirlpool (max. 5 persons)
- 73-m water slide (only open in summer)
- Showers, toilet and wheelchair-accessible toilet
- 1 pool lift for persons with reduced mobility
- Playground (only open in summer)
Wellness centre & spa (for guests aged 16 and over)
- 2 heated outdoor pools (34°C and 36°C)
- Finnish sauna
- Infrared sauna
- Fitness centre
- Massages and treatments
- Covered ice rink for playing ice hockey, ice skating and curling (during the ice-free period: Multi-purpose hall with 1,000 seats)
- Double gymnasium with arena (prices on request)
- Dojo (prices on request)
In the immediate vicinity, the recreation centre offers many outdoor activities
- Football pitches
- Playing fields and athletics fields
- 2 indoor tennis courts and 2 outdoor tennis courts (800 m)
- Kasablok: Bouldering hall, climbing wall, Saignelégier (500 m)
- Les Bois Golf Club, 18-hole course (13 km)
- Canoeing on the Doubs (8 km)
- Numerous hiking routes
- Road racing and mountain biking (bike hire at the CJ “Chemins de fer du Jura” station)
- Off-road scooter (scooter hire at the CJ “Chemins de fer du Jura” station)
- Cross-country skiing (equipment hire at the Sportissimo sports shop in Saignelégier)
- Snowshoeing (snowshoe hire for groups at the CJ “Chemins de fer du Jura” station (snowshoe hire for individuals at the Sportissimo sports shop in Saignelégier)
- Indoor riding hall (nearby)
- Horse riding activities, bridle paths
- Doubs Regional Nature Park (388 km2)
Choice of beds Rate Bed in shared room, adults CHF 50.00 Bed in shared room, children CHF 45.00 Bed in shared room, children 6-12 years* CHF 25.00 Bed in shared room, children 2-5 years* CHF 15.00 Entire 6-bed room CHF 240.00 Entire 4-bed room CHF 160.00
*Children’s rates for children accompanied by two adults. Children’s rates can only be booked by telephone.
Rates include Hostel Card Standard, benefit from discounted member rates with Hostel Card Premium. The price incl. Hostel Card Premium will be deducted on site.