The Youth Hostel boasts a range of indoor and outdoor activities that is unique in Switzerland. Here, balance and essentials are cultivated in an exceptional natural setting.
An exciting range of activities awaits you at the Jura Sport & Spa Resort. The covered ice rink invites you to play ice hockey and go figure skating. While you can exercise in the fitness centre and in the indoor swimming pool with its 25-metre pool and water slide, the wellness area offers peace and tranquillity. In the evening, a colourful bathing experience awaits you in the heated, illuminated outdoor pools. In summer and when the weather is nice, you can also relax on the beautiful lawn with deckchairs. Depending on the season, the local countryside is an ideal place for cycling, hiking, horseback riding, cross-country skiing and snowshoeing.
|Opening dates||01.01.2023 - 31.12.2023||01.01.2024 - 31.12.2024||01.01.2025 - 31.12.2025|
17:00 - 19:30
17:00 - 19:30
17:00 - 19:30
|Check-out||08:00 - 09:30||08:00 - 09:30||08:00 - 09:30|
|Mon to Fri:||08:00 - 20:30||08:00 - 20:30||08:00 - 20:30|
|Sat and Sun:||08:00 - 19:30||08:00 - 19:30||08:00 - 19:30|
|Breakfast buffet||07:00 - 10:00||07:00 - 10:00||07:00 - 10:00|
|Lunch||11:45 - 13:30||11:45 - 13:30||11:45 - 13:30|
|Dinner||18:30 - 20:00||18:30 - 20:00||18:30 - 20:00|
How to find us
Number of beds
Dogs allowed in private rooms
Bed linen included
Seminar room, advance reservation
Parking CHF 10.00 per night, advance reservation
Breakfast buffet incl. Lunch on request CHF 19.50 Dinner CHF 19.50 Lunch or dinner for children ages 2 to 12 CHF 14.00 Packed lunch on request CHF 8.50
Further price information
- All prices exclusive of taxes CHF 2.00 per person/night, including VAT.
- The Hostel Card Standard is included in the price of accommodation and is valid from the day of arrival to the day of departure.
- You have the option of purchasing a Hostel Card Premium and benefit from cheaper accommodation prices in all Swiss youth Hostels. More information about the Hotel Card Premium.
- Groups (minimum of 10 people) are advised to buy a Hostel Card Premium (personal: CHF 55.– / non-personal: CHF 99.–)
- Find our children's prices on the family page.
- Group rates for children ages 2 to 5, a flat rate of CHF 15.–; ages 6 to 12 years, accommodation prices / group prices apply
- Voluntary climate protection contribution CHF 0.30
- Car parking is free of charge
- Rates are subject to change, all rates in CHF
Saignelégier Youth Hostel is not accessible for people with disabilities.
1 accessible room can be booked on request in the main building.
The Jura Sport & Spa Resort
Jura Sport & Spa Resort
The Jura Sport & Spa Resort (website in German and French) offers a wide range of different summer and winter sports activities, as well as wellness and fitness facilities, for an additional fee.
Indoor swimming pool
- 25-m swimming pool with 5 lanes
- Children’s pool
- 1-m springboard
- Whirlpool (max. 5 persons)
- 73-m water slide (only open in summer)
- Showers, toilet and wheelchair-accessible toilet
- 1 pool lift for persons with reduced mobility
- Playground (only open in summer)
Wellness centre & spa (for guests aged 16 and over)
- 2 heated outdoor pools (34°C and 36°C)
- Finnish sauna
- Infrared sauna
- Fitness centre
- Massages and treatments
- Covered ice rink for playing ice hockey, ice skating and curling (during the ice-free period: Multi-purpose hall with 1,000 seats)
- Double gymnasium with arena (prices on request)
- Dojo (prices on request)
In the immediate vicinity, the recreation centre offers many outdoor activities
- Football pitches
- Playing fields and athletics fields
- 2 indoor tennis courts and 2 outdoor tennis courts (800 m)
- Kasablok: Bouldering hall, climbing wall, Saignelégier (500 m)
- Les Bois Golf Club, 18-hole course (13 km)
- Canoeing on the Doubs (8 km)
- Numerous hiking routes
- Road racing and mountain biking (bike hire at the CJ “Chemins de fer du Jura” station)
- Off-road scooter (scooter hire at the CJ “Chemins de fer du Jura” station)
- Cross-country skiing (equipment hire at the Sportissimo sports shop in Saignelégier)
- Snowshoeing (snowshoe hire for groups at the CJ “Chemins de fer du Jura” station (snowshoe hire for individuals at the Sportissimo sports shop in Saignelégier)
- Indoor riding hall (nearby)
- Horse riding activities, bridle paths
- Doubs Regional Nature Park (388 km2)