Elephant riding, bleating and other noises in the petting zoo, splendidly scented roses, a pilgrims' footbridge and a castle high above the lake: all in Rapperswil, of course!
The town's coat of arms, with its rose motif, isn't the only thing here with a long history: the castle, built on a hill and featuring a rose garden, and the decorated houses in the old town have plenty of stories to tell, too. From the castle hill, you can take in a wonderful view of your surroundings. Relax on a bench under the lime trees while pondering your next outing: the children's zoo, Alpamare, a boat tour, hiking, a swim in the lake or maybe water skiing? You won't run out of ideas in our family-friendly hostel with plenty of greenery, either! In addition to a playing field with a children's playground and table tennis, we have a room with pinball machines, table football, air hockey and a jukebox.
Take the train to Rapperswil. From the station, it’s a 25-minute walk alongside Lake Zurich or take the “Bhf Süd 991” bus to the “Busskirch” stop from where it’s a 10-minute walk to the youth hostel.
The youth hostel has a limited number of chargeable car parking spaces.
Rapperswil Station: approx 2km
Jona Station: approx. 1.6km
Bus stop ‘Busskirchstrasse’: approx. 700m
From Rapperswil Süd Railway Station, take the No. 911 bus to the stop ‘Busskirchstrasse’ (low-floor buses). Wheel around 50 back to the roundabout, then turn left into Busskirchstrasse. After approx. 300 metres Busskirchstrasse becomes Blaubrunnenstrasse. Continue along this road for further 200 metres, and then turn right into Hessenhofweg. The youth hostel is located around 80 metres along on the right-hand side.
The youth hostel has a chargeable, wheelchair-accessible car parking space. Distance to the main entrance: approx. 20m. We will be pleased to make the disabled car parking space available free of charge for holders of an official blue disabled person’s parking permit.
Number of beds
Spaces for bicycles
Bed linen included
Prices & availability
Breakfast buffet incl. Lunch on request 17.50 CHF Dinner 17.50 CHF Dinner for children aged 2–5 years 8.50 CHF Dinner for children aged 6–12 years 14.50 CHF Packed lunch on request 8.50 CHF
Further price information
- All prices exclusive of taxes CHF 3.– per person/night, including VAT.
- Non-members pay a surcharge for the day membership of: CHF 7.–, families CHF 14.–
- Benefits of our annual membership
- Groups (minimum of 10 people) are advised to buy an annual membership (personal: CHF 55.– / non-personal: CHF 99.–)
- Children aged 2 to 5 stay for just CHF 15.– and children aged 6 to 12 for just CHF 25.– per night in the parents’ or grandparents’ room, including breakfast. Babies aged from 0 to 1 stay in a cot, where available, free of charge. Children’s prices do not apply to double rooms.
- Group rates for children aged 2–5 years, a flat rate of CHF 15.–; from 6–12 years, accommodation prices / group prices apply
- Car park per night CHF 7.–
- Voluntary CO2-Compensation CHF 0.30
- Rates are subject to change
- All rates in CHF
The garden seating area is paved with composite stones.
19 rooms of Rapperswil-Jona Youth Hostel offer barrier-free access.
Room Barrier-free beds per room 6 2-bed rooms 1 bed 10 4-bed rooms 2 beds
The ramp has a slope of 6 %.
The building has a lift linking the floors.
- The width of the corridor in front of the elevator is 200 cm
- The width of the elevator door is 80 cm
- Elevator width: 105 cm
- Elevator depth: 200 cm
The room door width is 84 cm.
Barrier-free wet cell
A combined disability-friendly shower/WC is located on the 2nd storey. In addition, a barrier-free toilet is located on the ground floor.
The wet cell dimensions are:
- Width of wet cell door: 90 cm
- Shower seat
- Shower handle
By train / by foot
- Rapperswil Station: approx 2km
- Jona Station: approx. 1.6km
- Bus stop ‘Busskirchstrasse’: approx. 700m
From Rapperswil Süd Railway Station, take the No. 911 bus to the stop ‘Busskirchstrasse’ (low-floor buses). Wheel around 50 back to the roundabout, then turn left into Busskirchstrasse. After approx. 300 metres Busskirchstrasse becomes Blaubrunnenstrasse. Continue along this road for a further 200 metres, and then turn right into Hessenhofweg. The Youth Hostel is located around 80 metres along on the right-hand side.
The youth hostel has chargeable, wheelchair-accessible car parking spaces. Distance to the main entrance: approx. 20m. Please ensure you make an advance reservation. We will be pleased to make the disabled car parking space available free of charge for holders of an official blue disabled person’s parking permit.
- Tixi Rapperswil-Jona
Frau Andrea Schneider
Pius Rickenmannstrasse 33
Phone: +41 55 210 90 91
Telephone manned Mon - Fri from 9 - 11 am (answering machine at other times)
Taxies should be booked by 11 am at the latest, preferably 1 - 2 days in advance
Phone: +41 55 420 26 26
Phone: +41 55 225 41 41