Come face to face with the ibex! At an altitude of 1,800 metres, the mountain village of Pontresina is very close to the glaciers, the Alps and their animal inhabitants.
Situated at the foot of Piz Bernina, Pontresina Youth Hostel welcomes cross-country skiers, mountain bikers and all other sun worshippers!
There is a cross-country skiing school next doorl for our sporty guests, and a shop and rental service for cross-country skiing in the hostel; the shop becomes a trendy bike shop with rental and repair service in summer. What's more, we make the perfect starting point for alpine tours and glacier hikes. Families and travellers who prefer to relax can also have their fill of the mountains here, by boarding the Bernina Express for a panoramic journey, hiking to Alp Languard or Diavolezza, or strolling through the village past the typical Engadine houses with their sgraffito décor.
On the Rhaetian Railway, from the north via the Albula or Vereina tunnels, and from the south over the Bernina Pass (UNESCO world cultural heritage site) to Pontresina. The youth hostel lies alongside the station and the bus station.
From Samedan or St. Moritz in the direction of the Bernina Pass. Turn off in the direction of the station as you enter the village. The youth hostel has a limited number of chargeable car parking spaces, for which advance reservation is recommended.
(Youth Hostel is located directly opposite Pontresina Railway Station, 30m)
Cross the forecourt, wheel down the ramp, and you’ve arrived!
Number of beds
Spaces for bicycles
Bed linen included
Prices & availability
Breakfast buffet incl. Lunch on request 17.50 CHF Dinner 17.50 CHF Dinner for children aged 2–5 years 8.50 CHF Dinner for children aged 6–12 years 14.50 CHF Packed lunch on request 8.50 CHF
Further price information
- All prices exclusive of taxes CHF 3.35 (May – Nov) / CHF 3.50 (Dec – Apr) per person/night, including VAT.
- Non-members pay a daily sur-charge: CHF 7.–, families CHF 14.–, Groups: CHF 55.– / CHF 99.–
- Children aged 2 to 5 stay for just CHF 15 and children aged 6 to 12 for just CHF 25 per night in the parents’ or grandparents’ room, including breakfast. Babies aged from 0 to 1 stay in a cot, where available, free of charge. Children’s prices do not apply to double rooms.
- Group rates for children aged 2–5 years, a flat rate of CHF 15.–; from 6–12 years, accommodation prices / group prices apply
- Car park per night CHF 7.–
- Voluntary CO2-Compensation CHF 0.30
- Rates are subject to change
- All rates in CHF
All recreation areas (entrance floor, sun terrace) can be reached with ease by wheelchair users.
3 rooms of Pontresina Youth Hostel offer barrier-free access.
Room Barrier-free beds per room 2 family rooms with washbasin 3 beds 1 family room with washbasin 2 beds
There is no ramp.
There is no lift.
The width of the doors to the rooms is 80cm.
Barrier-free wet cell
A disability-friendly shower/WC is located on the room storey.
The wet cell dimensions are:
- Width of wet cell door: 78 cm
- WC seat height: 47 cm
- The washbasin is wheelchair accessible: 79 cm
- Shower seat
- Shower handle
By train / by foot
On the Rhaetian Railway from the north through the Albula or Vereina tunnels and from the south over the Bernina Pass (UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site) to Pontresina. The Youth Hostel is located directly opposite Pontresina Railway Station, 30m. Cross the Bahnhofsvorplatz, wheel down the ramp, and you’ve arrived!
From Samedan or St. Moritz in the direction of the Bernina Pass. At the entrance to the village, turn off to the right towards the railway station. The youth hostel has only normal, chargeable parking spaces. Please ensure you make an advance reservation. We will be pleased to make the disabled car parking space available free of charge for holders of the official blue disabled person’s parking permit.
- Taxi Erich, St. Moritz, Phone: +41 81 833 35 55
- Roseg Apotheke Dr. B. Schellenberg
Via Maistra, 7504 Pontresina
Phone: +41 81 842 82 06