The Lugano Youth Hostel in the most southern city of Switzerland. invites you to relax by its own pool and on a voyage of discovery.
Lugano is an incredibly versatile place. It's a city of finance and business that manages to maintain its likeable flair, attaches importance to culture and zest for life, and offers its inhabitants green oases with fragrant flowers. Various festivals bring streets and squares to life, and after a stroll through the car-free old town, you really want to just soak up the sun in one of the pleasant restaurants. A comfortable bed with a breakfast buffet in a newly renovated youth hostel is waiting for you just a few kilometres away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre. So you can start the next day feeling reinvigorated, and explore the region around Lake Lugano on a hike, by bike or by boat.
|Opening dates||15.02.2019 - 15.12.2019|
|Check-in||15:00 - 19:00|
|Check-out||07:00 - 10:00|
|Mon to Fri:||
15:00 - 22:00
|Sat and Sun:||
15:00 - 22:00
|Breakfast||07:00 - 09:30|
How to find us
From the Lugano station turn left: to the «Stazione Nord» stop (50 m), PostBus 443. Get off at stop «Savosa Posta». To the «Genzana» stop (400 m), Bus no 5 (direction «Lamone-Cadempino»). Get off at the stop «Crocifisso».
Important: The youth hostel is on the outskirts near the forest, on the north side of Lugano, 3 km from the town centre, not behind the train station. On foot you need about 20 min.
From the highway, exit at Lugano-Nord, 1 km direction Massagno and at the first cross follow direction Savosa (time 2 min.). Large parking area.
Number of beds
Spaces for bicycles
Bed linen included
Dogs on request
At the water
Prices (in CHF) and availability
Breakfast buffet incl. Barbecue CHF 7.– Packed lunch on request CHF 10.–
Further price information
- All prices exclusive of taxes CHF 2.20 per person/night, including VAT.
- The Hostel Card Standard is included in the price of accommodation and is valid from the day of arrival to the day of departure.
- You have the option of purchasing a Hostel Card Premium and benefit from cheaper accommodation prices in all Swiss youth Hostels. More information about the Hostel Card Premium
- Groups (minimum of 10 people) are advised to buy a Hostel Card Premium (personal: CHF 55.– / non-personal: CHF 99.–)
- Children aged 2 to 5 stay for just CHF 15 and children aged 6 to 12 for just CHF 25 per night in the parents’ or grandparents’ room, including breakfast. Babies aged from 0 to 1 stay in a cot, where available, free of charge. Children’s prices do not apply to double rooms.
- Group rates for children aged 2–5 years, a flat rate of CHF 15.–; from 6 to 12 years, accommodation prices / group prices apply
- Compensation CO2 volontaire CHF 0.30
- Rates are subject to change
- All rates in CHF
In the Canton of Ticino, the law prohibits the accommodation of people under the age of 16 unless they are accompanied by an adult. In the other cantons, people aged between 14 and 16 years require written consent from their parents when travelling alone.
28 rooms of Lugano-Savosa Youth Hostel offer barrier-free access.
Room Barrier-free beds per room 5 double rooms with shower/WC 2 beds 5 double rooms with washbasin 2 beds 4 4-bed rooms with shower/WC 2 beds 3 4-bed rooms with washbasin 2 beds 2 7-bed rooms with shower/WC 4 beds
There is no ramp. The pool has stairs with wide steps.
All rooms offer wheelchair access, and can be reached with ease using the elevator.
- The width of the corridor in front of the elevator is 180 cm.
- The width of the elevator door is 80 cm.
- Elevator width: 101 cm
- Elevator depth: 127 cm
The width of the doors to the rooms is 90 cm.
Barrier-free wet cell
All rooms have washbasins. Disability-friendly showers/WCs are located on every storey.
The wet cell dimensions are:
- Width of wet cell door: 90 cm
- WC seat height: 48 cm
- The washbasin is wheelchair accessible: 75 cm
- Shower seat
- Shower handle
By train / by foot
From the direction of Lugano Railway Station, continue in your wheelchair approx. 300m to the left, as far as the bus stop «Genzana». Take the No. 5 bus (direction of Vezia, every 12 minutes), and alight at the bus stop «Crocifisso» (approx. 5 minutes). From bus stop approx. 250m uphill to the hostels (partly fairly steep).
Swiss Trac/electronic drive advisable due to the steep nature of the grounds.
The youth hostel is around 20 mins. on foot from the town centre.
Important notice: The youth hostel is not situated behind the station, but to the north of Lugano, 3 km from the town centre.
Autobahn exit Lugano-Nord, at the first junction in the direction of Savosa (approx. 2 min.). A spacious parking area is provided. The youth hostel has only normal, chargeable parking spaces. Please ensure you make an advance reservation. We will be pleased to make the disabled car parking space available free of charge for holders of the official blue disabled person’s parking permit.