Lausanne is the capital of the heart and the Olympic movement in French-speaking Switzerland. Culture and enjoyment, along with a fantastic view of the lake, await you here.
The Grand Tour of Switzerland, which brings together the highlights of Switzerland in one journey, naturally stops in Lausanne. This dynamic city, built on three hills, nestles up against the vineyards of Lavaux and majestically overlooks the shimmering expanse of Lake Geneva. Its medieval city centre, with its narrow alleyways and early Gothic cathedral, is sure to inspire guests just as much as the waterside promenade and the large parks in the port district of Ouchy. As the beacon of the Olympic movement, Lausanne is home to the interactive Olympic Museum. You can reach all of these attractions conveniently by public transport from the Jeunotel, which guarantees relaxation right on the lake shore thanks to its inner courtyards.
|Opening dates||01.01.2019 - 31.12.2019|
|Check-in||15:00 - 23:59|
|Check-out||06:00 - 11:00|
|Mon to Fri:||00:00 - 23:59|
|Sat and Sun:||00:00 - 23:59|
|Breakfast||07:00 - 10:00|
|Dinner||18:30 - 21:00|
How to find us
From the main station, take the metro (M2) in the direction to Ouchy-Olympique until Délices stop, then bus No. 25 towards "Chavannes Glycines", to the "Bois de Vaux" stop. From here, it is a 2-minute walk to the youth hostel.
Genève-Cointrin airport is 45 minutes away by train.
Leave the motorway at the "Lausanne South" exit and continue to the "Maladière" roundabout. From here, on the cantonal road towards Geneva, turning left after 300 meters. The youth hostel has a limited number of chargeable car parking spaces.
The youth hostel has two chargeable, wheelchair-accessible car parking spaces. We will be pleased to make the disabled car parking space available free of charge for holders of an official blue disabled person’s parking permit.
Number of beds
Spaces for bicycles
Bed linen included
At the water
Prices (in CHF) and availability
Breakfast buffet incl. Lunch on request 17.50 CHF Dinner 17.50 CHF Dinner for children aged 2–5 years 8.50 CHF Dinner for children aged 6–12 years 14.50 CHF Packed lunch on request 8.50 - 15.00 CHF
Further price information
- All prices exclusive of taxes CHF 2.60 per person/night, including VAT.
- The Hostel Card Standard is included in the price of accommodation and is valid from the day of arrival to the day of departure.
- You have the option of purchasing a Hostel Card Premium and benefit from cheaper accommodation prices in all Swiss youth Hostels. More information about the Hostel Card Premium
- Groups (minimum of 10 people) are advised to buy a Hostel Card Premium (personal: CHF 55.– / non-personal: CHF 99.–)
- Children aged 2 to 5 stay for just CHF 15.– and children aged 6 to 12 for just CHF 25.– per night in the parents’ or grandparents’ room, including breakfast. Babies aged from 0 to 1 stay in a cot, where available, free of charge. Children’s prices do not apply to double rooms.
- Group rates for children aged 2–5 years, a flat rate of CHF 15.–; from 6–12 years, accommodation prices / group prices apply
- Car park per night CHF 7.–
- Voluntary CO2-Compensation CHF 0.30
- Rates are subject to change
- All rates in CHF
The inner courtyard is accessible from the dining room or from the lobby.
The rooms are spacious and a large number of them are also ideal for wheelchair users.
Room Barrier-free beds per room 19 double rooms with shower/WC 1 bed 10 double rooms with shower/WC 2 beds 18 4-bed rooms 3 beds
At the main entrance there is a low threshold (1 – 3 cm) and at the exit to the inner courtyard there is a 10 cm threshold.
The rooms are generously proportioned. The lobby, day room, dining room, games room and luggage room are easily accessible (no thresholds). The conference rooms are located on the 1st floor and regrettably not accessible because the building does not have a lift.
The width of the doors to the rooms is 80 cm.
Barrier-free wet cell
There are two barrier-free wet cells on the ground floor.
The wet cell dimensions are:
- Width of wet cell door: 81 cm
- WC seat height: 47 cm
- The washbasin is wheelchair accessible: 70 cm
- Shower seat
- Shower handle
By train / by foot
From the main station by underground (M2) towards Ouchy-Olympique as far as Délices, then continue by bus No. 25 towards Bourdonette, "Bois de Vaux" stop, then 2 mins. to the youth hostel.
From the "Lausanne Süd" motorway exit enter the "Maladière" roundabout. From here continue on the cantonal road towards Geneva and turn off left after 300 m. The youth hostel has two chargeable, wheelchair-accessible car parking spaces. They are located 50 metres from the main entrance. Please ensure you make an advance reservation. We will be pleased to make the disabled car parking space available free of charge for holders of an official blue disabled person’s parking permit.
- Information about public transport for people in wheelchairs (website only in German, French and Italian)
- Swiss Railways (SBB)
- Confort Handicap
Rue Saint-Germain 31
Tel.: +41 21 701 50 70 / +41 79 257 14 16
- Pharmacie Metro Ouchy
Place de la Navigation 6
Tel.: +41 21 612 03 03
Fax: +41 21 612 03 09