Stroll through the chalet villages of Saanen and Gstaad, enjoy warm hospitality with a panoramic view of the Alps, plus countless hiking routes and winter sports.
The holiday region of Gstaad in the Bernese Oberland is a top international destination. Cosy chalets and breathtaking landscapes in the wonderful mountain valley invite guests to lean back and relax. Numerous mountain cableways and events are available all year round. You can enjoy a magnificent view of the mountains from the ultra-modern Gstaad Saanenland hostel, which is also a certified bike hotel, and the multitude of skiing regions are within easy reach on the ski bus. If you're looking for adventure, don't miss Glacier 3000! You'll find tradition very much alive on the Fondue Walk or in the Gstaad Cheese Cave, and a natural idyll at the Lake Lauenen energy hotspot. Can also be booked for wedding parties.
By the Montreux-Oberland Railway (MOB) from Bern via Spiez-Zweisimmen, reaching Saanen in 2 hrs. or from Montreux to Saanen in 1 hr. 10 minutes by foot from the station to the hostel (direction hospital).
The youth hostel has a limited number of chargeable car parking spaces, for which advance reservation is recommended. Some car parking spaces in an underground garage on payment of a charge. 1 turning place (getting in/getting out) for busses.
Number of beds
Spaces for bicycles
Bed linen included
Prices & availability
Breakfast buffet incl. Lunch on request 17.50 CHF Dinner 17.50 CHF Dinner for children aged 2–5 years 8.50 CHF Dinner for children aged 6–12 years 14.50 CHF Packed lunch on request 8.50 CHF
Further price information
- All prices exclusive of taxes CHF 3.– per person/night, including VAT.
- Non-members pay a surcharge for the day membership of: CHF 7.–, families CHF 14.–
- Benefits of our annual membership
- Groups (minimum of 10 people) are advised to buy an annual membership (personal: CHF 55.– / non-personal: CHF 99.–)
- Children aged 2 to 5 stay for just CHF 15 and children aged 6 to 12 for just CHF 25 per night in the parents’ or grandparents’ room, including breakfast. Babies aged from 0 to 1 stay in a cot, where available, free of charge. Children’s prices do not apply to double rooms.
- Group rates for children aged 2–5 years, a flat rate of CHF 15.–; from 6–12 years, accommodation prices / group prices apply
- Car park (outdoor/indoor) per night CHF 7.– / 12.–
- Voluntary CO2-Compensation CHF 0.30
- Rates are subject to change
- All rates in CHF
The Gstaad Saanenland Youth Hostel was opening on 04 June 2014. All 42 rooms have unobstructed access and the single beds and lower bunk beds are designed to fit the needs of the disabled.
In the basement is an underground car park with a disabled-friendly parking space. Another disabled-friendly parking space is available 20 m from the main entrance.
The day rooms, games room and dining room also have threshold-free access via the lift.
Rooms Barrier-free beds per room 2 double rooms with shower/WC barrier-free 2 beds 1 family room with shower/WC barrier-free 4 beds 8 double rooms with shower/WC 1 bed 9 family rooms with shower/WC 3 beds 8 4-bed rooms with shower/WC 2 beds 8 4-bed rooms with washbasin 2 beds 6 6-bed rooms with washbasin 3 beds
In front of the house is a ramp with a 6% incline. The external area on the ground floor is accessible via a threshold-free door. The playing field is also within easy reach for wheelchair users.
The entire premises are wheelchair accessible and you can get to the rooms easily with the passenger lift.
- The width of the corridor in front of the elevator is 150 cm.
- The width of the elevator door is 90 cm.
- Elevator width: 120 cm
- Elevator depth: 140 cm
The room door width is 84 cm.
Barrier-free wet cell
A disabled-friendly toilet and shower is located on each floor. Four double rooms and one family room have their own fully disabled-friendly wet cell.
The wet cell dimensions are:
- Width of wet cell door: 83 cm
- WC seat height: 52 cm
- The washbasin is wheelchair accessible: 70 cm
- Shower seat
- Shower handle
By train / by foot
Saanen station is just 800 m from the youth hostel. The paths within the station grounds are asphalt-covered, the ramps are made of concrete. The youth hostel is situated in a residential and hotel district that is easily accessible on foot. It can be safely reached via asphalted streets although some of them have no pavement and a gradient of around 6%. Mobility assistants are available to provide help on public transport. The youth hostel has a chargeable, wheelchair-accessible car parking space, for which advance reservation is essential.
In the basement is an underground car park with a disabled-friendly parking space. Another disabled-friendly parking space is available 20 m from the main entrance. Please ensure you make an advance reservation. We will be pleased to make the disabled car parking space available free of charge for holders of the official blue disabled person’s parking permit.
Links to public transport
- Information about public transport for people in wheelchairs (website only in German, French and Italian)
- Schweizerische Bundesbahnen (SBB): Reisende mit Handicap (Swiss Federal Railways: Disabled travellers)
- Aar Taxi Schranz
Tel: +41 33 744 33 33
2.5 km away in the centre of Gstaad village:
Tel: +41 33 748 86 26, +41 748 86 20
The youth hostel lies 500 m from Saanen village centre, which offers essential shopping facilities: bakery, clothes shops, bank with cash dispenser, drugstore, grocer. Saanen village centre is around 500 m away and Gstaad village centre 2.5 km.