School camp and COVID?
Especially after this extraordinary time, class trips, class togetherness and interaction with nature and culture are more important than ever.
Here is our little guide to help you teachers with any worries you may have and to give you a helping hand with your planning:
- Many tourist hotspots are popular holiday destinations thanks to Swiss people staying in Switzerland. The situation is quite different in the cities, however: Zurich, Luzern, St. Gallen or Basel have never been as uncrowded as they are now. This is a wonderful opportunity to enjoy culture and museums undisturbed as a group.
- Even Interlaken, known as a hotspot for travellers from Asia or America, is now an exciting alternative.
- It doesn't always have to be the well-known places for an excursion: right now, a trip to a less famous holiday destination such as Rapperswil-Jona. is also worthwhile. There are lots of activities for students there.
- Most rooms in Swiss youth hostels no longer have classic dormitories, but comfortable 4- to 6-bed rooms where students are not too close together.
- In many places, classes can occupy their own floor or common room. In some cases, the entire youth hostel can be rented exclusively.
- Hygiene has been a top priority at Swiss Youth Hostels since before Corona. Nothing will change in this respect.
Still unsure? No problem, teachers are cordially invited to visit the hostel before planning their stay. If you then book, we'll be happy to give you a free trial night! Contact the youth hostel directly to find out more.
Flexible cancellation policy until the end of 2022
Should a school camp have to cancel due to official measures or rules regarding COVID-19, (implemented by either the school or host site), a cancellation is possible free of charge until 4 weeks prior to the arrival date. In addition, school camps may be rescheduled for a new date free of charge until 14 days prior to arrival (also with a new class or with another teacher from the same school). The organization of your school camp could not be easier!