Dogs are welcome!
Take your four-legged friend with you!
The wait is finally at an end – dogs can now be brought with you on request at 32 youth hostels. You just need to call the hostel in advance. Bookings with dogs depend on the available room categories, as dogs are only allowed in private rooms.
For just CHF 15 per night, your four-legged friend can come on your trip with you. There is no charge for guide dogs for the blind or companion dogs accompanying guests.
To make sure your stay is a success, we’ve put together a little checklist for you:
- Have I contacted the hostel by phone in advance?
- Have I read the specific youth hostel’s canine code?
- Do I have a bed for my dog?
- Do I have dog food, snacks and a feeding bowl?
- Do I have a lead, so I can lead my dog securely through the youth hostel?
- Have I asked about dog-friendly parks and paths at reception?
- Do I have enough dog waste bags? Are there any at the hostel?
If you’ve ticked off all these points, there’s nothing to stop you enjoying your holiday. The canine code can vary between youth hostels, particularly in relation to public areas and the restaurant.