All course prices include teaching aids, accommodation in a dormitory or family room, full board, snacks, an excursion to the language region and the course lessons. Our courses are structured in such a way that you can continue the course and your voyage of discovery at another youth hostel. In addition to our renowned courses for adolescents, you also have the opportunity to attend private lessons each lasting 45 minutes.
We will be pleased to produce offers tailored to the needs of adults, companies, groups and school classes.
Before the course starts, you define your course objective together with the teachers. Speech comprehension and listening comprehension are the focal points of the course. We then theoretically reappraise what you have learnt according to your specific level and try to improve the knowledge in small groups.
You are free to bring your own teaching aids with you! Preparation for the secondary-school leaving examination? Difficulties with grammar? Our partner will help you! Instead of unnecessarily wasting time with new books, you work with your own documents! The language teachers will take you seriously and actively support you.
Every teacher has a university degree and professional experience. The course directors are very well acquainted with the latest teaching methods. We also attach great importance to a highly developed infrastructure and a pleasant learning atmosphere. Our experienced wardens are responsible for accommodation and meals. As dedicated hosts, they have first-class knowledge of local conditions.
Adolescents aged between 10 and 16, who want to improve their language skills with peers through professional supervision in a pleasant atmosphere outside the school classroom.
Cultural knowledge, reading comprehension and listening comprehension
- The course objective is defined every day.
- Over the course of 20 lessons you jointly learn the language where it is spoken.
- You read, translate and improve your initial language skills in a pleasant atmosphere.
- A placement test is carried out on the day you arrive.
- Course times: are defined locally.
- You are free to use additional teaching aids for self-study at any time.
- During an excursion to the language regions, you have the opportunity to put into practice what you have learnt.
- You can measure your progress in a final test.
- Continuation in another course is possible at any time. (If you book two consecutive courses, you will receive a 10% discount. This offer is not cumulative.)
- Course attendance for younger participants by arrangement with the course director.
10 to 15 participants
Responsibility and supervision obligation
The participants are not supervised outside the agreed lessons or the excursions forming part of the course. Parents are requested to accompany adolescents during their attendance at the language course.
Information and reservations
Contact the youth hostel directly
Course dates 2013
07-12 April 2013 in Delémont
14-19 April 2013 in Delémont
21-26 April 2013 in Avenches
07-12 July 2013 in Avenches
14-19 July 2013 in Avenches
28 July - 02 August 2013 in Delémont
04-09 August 2013 in Avenches
29 September - 04 October 2013 in Avenches
06-11 October 2013 in Delémont
CHF 570.00 for 5 nights in a dormitory (smaller rooms on request) incl. full board, aperitif (non-alcoholic), snacks, course documents and excursion.
Does not include membership and additional private lessons.
Our Partners for the French courses
- SAL - Further Education College for Language Professions in Zurich and Chur. The degrees from SAL are state-approved.
- AKAD - has the training you need to advance. The Swiss training institution for more than 45 years.
Our Supervisory Board
Dr. André Hermann
Professor of Languages (Spanish and French at Zurich University, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) in Zurich and SAL, interpreter (legal translations). Dr. André Hermann is a member of our Supervisory Board and ensures the quality of our language courses thanks to his many years of experience as a university lecturer.