The youth hostel is located just 3 km outside of Lugano, the southern most international city of Switzerland. Lugano boasts an enchanting landscape and takes pride in its beautiful golf which is framed by the hills and mountain ranges.
The Majek-Wassmann family has run the youth hostel of Lugano-Savosa for several generations and their dedication and competence guarantee a positive experience for their guests. Whether you are parents with your children, grandparents with grandchildren, backpackers, school children, athletes, an association or just friends taking a trip together, our youth hostel accommodates and warmly welcomes you. The premises are easily accessible by public transport. The youth hostel is situated at a perfect departure point for numerous cultural and scenic excursions that our lake region has to offer. It is also ideally located for mountain bike trails.
Relaxation and amusement
The youth hostel is situated in a vast subtropical park surrounded by marvelous vegetation. Our premises is outfitted with a swimming pool, a beach volley ball court, billiards, a bocce court, open grill area and much more! For the little ones there is a swing set, an amusement park with toy horses and sandbox. The rooms and apartments were newly renovated in 2015 and offer plenty of comfort, so that you can enjoy relaxing holidays.
We have ample options available; single or double rooms, family size rooms with or without kitchen, or dormitories of 6-8 beds. We guarantee maximum comfort for our guests. We offer free Wi-Fi access in all of our rooms. The breakfast buffet is rich with local organic products.
Each year the city of Lugano offers a full calendar of cultural and recreational activities - Long Lake Festival and the Jazz Festival, just to mention a few. Night owls also benefit from a diverse array of attractions.
Your local discounts
(available at the reception)
- Free travel with the "Ticino Ticket": Valid in the canton Ticino; tourists will be able to use all public transport free of charge as well as being granted special rates for various leisure activities during their stay. You are given the “Ticino Ticket” upon arrival and it is valid until the end of your day of departure.
- 50m from the youth hostel there is a choice of 6 menus from CHF 14 in the “La Ticinella” restaurant/pizzeria
- Special prices also available at the "Tamé" Grotto and the "Cappella 2 Mani" restaurant
- 500 m from the youth hostel is an indoor football pitch and indoor swimming pool, with discounts as for local residents
- 50% reduction on the Monte Brè funicular
- 10% reduction on a 4-hour ticket for Splash & Spa Tamaro in Rivera
- 10% reduction on Swiss River Adventures canyoning tours
- Free Lugano Holidaycard - Over 90 deals with up to 50% off, saving you up to CHF 400.-