Zofingen Youth Hostel
The historic market town of Zofingen is a captivating place to visit, with its charming Old Town. The town became famous thanks to Ringier, the Swiss media company. Zofingen is one hour by train from Zürich, Basle, Lucerne and Berne. The youth hostel lies on the edge of the Old Town, in a beautiful park full of old trees.
A house full of history
The Old Town of Zofingen, with its prominent powder magazine, has an exciting historical background, dating back to the 11th century. Additional historical attractions: St. Urban Abbey, the historic fortress of Aarburg (now the Cantonal Children's Home), Aarburg Church with its carillon. Culture: Zofingen has a tradition of cultural diversity, including the 'Heitere Open Air Zofingen', the Mario Botta House and various exhibitions.
Ten minute walk from Zofingen Railway Station right through the old quarter.
The Youth Hostel is situated on the main road between Olten and Lucerne. The youth hostel has a limited number of chargeable car parking spaces.
- 04 Mar 2013 - 08 Dec 2013
- 03 Mar 2014 - 07 Dec 2014
- 1 room with 2 beds
- 1 room with 2 beds and washbasin
- 1 room with 2 beds and shower/WC
- 1 room with 3 beds
- 5 rooms with 4 beds, some with washbasin
- 4 rooms with 6 beds
- 1 room with 5 beds
A total of 58 beds.
Shower/WC on the floor.
- Breakfast buffet (incl.)
- Varied evening meal on request
- Lunch and packed lunch for groups on request
- Everything from a barbecue and a wedding through to a birthday party can be organized in the youth hostel’s own park
- Divisible classroom and lounge with TV, video and flip chart
- Free WiFi