We're currently closed. We'll be back on 29 Mar 2014. Bookings and requests can be accepted.
Sils i.D. Youth Hostel
For bookings please contact the hostel directly: email@example.com
The youth hostel was established in Ehrenfels Castle in the nineteen thirties. The site looks back on an eventful history; the castle was originally built in the 13th century. To this day, it offers unique views across the castle-strewn Domleschg countryside. How about visiting one of the 21 Medieval castle ruins between Rhäzüns and Thusis?
The tower houses a seminar room complete with infrastructure, a games room as well as a theatre together with stage elements. Outside is the castle courtyard with its bread oven, the games meadow with various games equipment, as well as the specially-established labyrinth. Seating for up to 60 people is available in the Knight’s Hall (with piano).
Note: Sils Youth Hostel is a group youth hostel, and is bookable for groups of 10 persons or more.
Free Dates 2014
- 14-18 Apr 2014 / 21-25 Apr 2014 / 28 Apr - 02 May 2014
- 06-10 Oct 2014 / 13-17 Oct 2014 / 20-24 Oct 2014
- 19-20 Apr 2014
- 11-12 Oct 2014 / 18-19 Oct 2014
Your local discounts
(Available at the hostel reception)
- 10% reduction on purchases at "Steinreich"
Take the Thusis Süd exit of the N13 to the direction Tiefencastel. Parking spaces available at Sils station.
- 29 Mar - 26 Oct 2014
- 1 room with 2 beds
- 1 room with 4 beds
- 1 room with 6 beds
- 1 room with 7 beds
- 1 room with 8 beds
- 1 room with 11 beds
A total of 38 beds.
Showers/WC on the floor.
Rooms plan in Ehrenfels castle (PDF, 356 KB)
- self-cooking kitchen
- Seminar room with infrastructure
- Great hall (PDF, 126 KB) for 50-60 persons, with piano
- Games room
- Theatre room with stage equipment
- Castle courtyard with bread oven
- Little playground with different games equipment