Phone: +41 27 958 50 50
Fax: +41 27 958 50 51
A world first for the glacier village of Saas-Fee. Conceived in the innovative tradition of the pioneers of Alpinism and realised with an eagerness for breaking new ground, the hostel combines the typical laidback ambiance and low prices of a youth hostel with the exacting requirements of modern wellness and fitness facilities. Here contemporary architecture, easy-going hospitality, sustainability as a way of life and high quality aspirations make up an offering whose informal style unites guests from all over the world. Free WiFi is available throughout the building.
restaurant4000 – fresh and regional
Laid-back and relaxed is the motto when eating here: delicious menus, always freshly prepared, can be enjoyed either on the sunny terrace or in the restaurant with its magnificent view of the mountains.
This cool lounge is the centrepiece of the hostel – the place to meet up with friends old and new for tempting Alpine tapas, refreshing lassis (fruit/milk drinks) or an aperitif around the cosy open fire.
Young and sporting
In addition to the sport and leisure facilities with swimming pool, saunas and gym, sports groups and clubs will also discover a seminar infrastructure and cuisine aimed at sports enthusiasts, making it the perfect environment with a great atmosphere for sports and training camps. The cable car valley station is a short 4-minute walk away.
Innovative and sustainable
The new wellnessHostel4000 is the first five-storey “hotel” to be built in Switzerland using timber construction. The building reinterprets the local barn style in contemporary architectural language and will be a model for the future. The highest environmental standards will be employed in its construction and operation, resulting in a building that fulfils the Minergie Eco standard and is connected to the local solar district heating system to meets its heating needs.
Your local discounts
- Free entry to the indoor swimming pool
- : The Citizens' pass offers many price benefits both in summer and in winter, such as free use of the Postbus or reduced-price ski tickets. The Citizens' pass is included in the accommodation price for hostel guests.
- ESKIMOS - ski and snowboard school: 10% discount on private lessons, 5% discount on group lessons
Further member benefits
With the financial support of:
By train to Visp, then Postbus to Saas-Fee bus station (final stop). The wellnessHostel4000 is right next door.
Saas-Fee is a car-free resort. There is a multistorey car park at the entrance to the village. The glacier village can easily be explored on foot and the cableways valley station is just a 4-minute walk from the wellnesshostel4000.
- 05 Sep 2014 - 26 Apr 2015
- 29 May 2015 - 20 Apr 2016
- 3 - 10 pm
- 7 - 10 am
- 7 am - 10 pm
- 24 double rooms with shower/WC
- 12 four-bed rooms with shower/WC
- 9 family rooms with 4 beds and shower/WC
- 6 six-bed rooms with showers/WC on the floor
A total of 168 beds.
Good to know
All Swiss Youth Hostels can be booked on site
- Breakfast buffet (incl.)
- Various evening meal (3-course menu)
- Lunch and packed lunch
- Wellness on 1,900 m2 with Finnish sauna, bio-soft sauna, herbal steam bath, whirlpool, footbath, “navel stone”, hydromassage showers such as “summer rain”, “freezing fog”, “mountain stream” and “waterfall”, gorge balcony (outdoors), relaxation room, phone/tablet-free area, tea station
- 25-metre indoor pool, whirlpool, children’s pool, water slide, outdoor terrace
- Fitness Centre with Nautilus equipment
- Extensive massage programme
- Seminar infrastructure (seating up to 30)
- Spacious public rooms
- Lounge with cosy open fire and bistro4000
- restaurant4000 with terrace