We're currently closed. We'll be back on 06 Jun 2015. Bookings and requests can be accepted.
Pontresina Youth Hostel
Staying in these magnificent mountain surroundings, with their myriad of contrasts, is a delightful and unforgettable experience. Cyclists can pick up supplies here, while hikers arrive from Alp Languard via the high-altitude trail and discover the breathtaking panorama. And when those taking part in the Engadine Ski Marathon catch sight of the large, red building they can breathe a sigh of relief: they've reached the halfway mark!
From eternal ice to the Cuntschett
The very name "Engadine" already stands for exciting adventure holidays, and the Cuntschett sport and leisure hostel offers you perfect, yet simple accommodation.
In summer, the Youth Hostel is an excellent starting point, whether you prefer simple walks or strenuous high alpine tours. In winter, it's located right next to the cross-country tracks and winter hiking paths, and is not far from the ski and toboggan runs.
The day room, with its small library and television corner, is an invitation to strike up conversation and make friends - just like the sun terrace or the open fire in the public family restaurant. Here, you should try one of the many flavours of ice cream or the home-made hazelnut tart.
In the evening, if you're looking for entertainment, Pontresina has a great deal to offer - ranging from cinemas to jazz bars and discos. Try a moonlight hike - or a run on the floodlit toboggan run. Naturally, the hostel is open round the clock to cater for night birds.
Your local discounts
(Available at the hostel reception)
- 20% discount on admission charge Water Park “Bellavita”
- Public transport included from two nights or more
- 10% discount on rental of sports goods at Gruber sports
- 10% discount at Pontresina Sports at the Cross Country Centre (only during the winter season)
Your member benefits
On the Rhaetian Railway, from the north via the Albula or Vereina tunnels, and from the south over the Bernina Pass (UNESCO world cultural heritage site) to Pontresina. The youth hostel lies alongside the station and the bus station.
From Samedan or St. Moritz in the direction of the Bernina Pass. Turn off in the direction of the station as you enter the village. The youth hostel has a limited number of chargeable car parking spaces, for which advance reservation is recommended.
(Youth Hostel is located directly opposite Pontresina Railway Station, 30m)
Cross the Bahnhofsvorplatz, wheel down the ramp, and you’ve arrived!
- 06 Jun - 18 Oct 2015
- 04 Dec - 31 Dec 2015
- High season: 4 - 7.30 pm / 7.30 - 10 pm
- Low season: 4 - 6.30 pm / 7.30 - 9 pm
7.30 - 10 am
- 1 room with 3 beds and washbasin
- 1 room with 4 beds (family room) and shower/WC
- 14 rooms with 4 beds (family room) and washbasin
- 5 rooms with 4 beds
- 8 rooms with 6 beds
A total of 131 beds. Showers/WC on the floor.
Good to know
All Swiss Youth Hostels can be booked on site.
- Breakfast buffet (incl.)
- Varied evening meal (4-course-menu) with vegetarian alternative
- Packed lunch
- Self-service restaurant in winter: At our à la carte restaurant with sun terrace alongside the cross-country skiing trail, you can look forward to being spoilt with home-made soups, menu of the day, pasta specialities and fruit cakes. Opening hours: breakfast 7.00 - 9.30 am, lunch 11.30 am - 4 pm, evening menu 6.30 - 7.30 pm, coffee and cakes 9.30 am - 6.30 pm
- Special group menus on request
- Sub-divisible day room with reading corner
- Seminar room
- Lounge corner
- TV corner
- Children's play corner
- Bike, ski and waxing room
- Drying and shoe room
- Table tennis and table football
- Sun terrace
- Football pitch / "Pump Track"
- Beachvolley field
- Children's playground
- Kiosk with souvenirs, snacks and drinks
- Loan of hiking maps and games
- Free luggage store
- 21 car parking spaces for checked-in guests
- Internet corner
- Free WiFi
- Die Jugendherberge liegt direkt an bis zu 200 km gespurter Langlaufloipe, auf km 20 des Engadin Skimarathons.
- Kids snow garden available in the village, about 1 km from the hostel
- The major ski resorts are about 15-30 minutes away by public transports. Bus and trains toward the ski resort stops in front of the hostel.
- Distance to the different areas: Corviglia/Marguns Celerina 7 km, Diavolezza 9 km, Corvatsch 16 km, Furtschellas 20 km.
- Skating in the village, incl. free skate hire
- Ice climbing in the village, 10 minutes away
- More info about winter activities in the Engadine
- Piste report