Lugano Youth Hostel
For bookings please contact the hostel directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Come and visit our family youth hostel, an Oasis of peace, in a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere. The area is calm and quiet, however it's the ideal starting point for nice excursions, relaxing sails on the lake and interesting visits to museums and art exhibitions.
With its 10'000 m2 and its facilities the park can fulfil every expectation.
There is also a nice swimming pool with deckchairs and sun umbrellas. For the children there are many games and a lot of green land where they can play. If you like sports there are a lot of attractions.
We have different kinds of bed rooms, living rooms, TV room, an Internet corner and a phone box. The breakfast (continental buffet) is served in a big room overlooking the garden. Thanks to all those characteristics the youth hostel has been recognised from many years among the nicest in Europe and has also won some awards.
For any further information the family Majek-Wassmann will always be pleased to help you.
Your local discounts
(available at the reception)
- Dinner for CHF 15.- at the Restaurant Capello due mani
- Dinner for CHF 15.- at the Restaurant Ticinella
From the Lugano station turn left and walk for about 400 m to the "Genzana" stop. Then catch Bus no 5 (direction Vezia, every 12 min.) and get off at the stop "crocifisso" (about 5-10 min.).
Important: The youth hostel is on the outskirts near the forest, on the north side of Lugano, 3 km from the town centre, not behind the train station. On foot you need about 20min.
From the highway, exit at Lugano-Nord , 1km direction Massagno and at the first cross follow direction Savosa (time 2 min.). Large parking area.
- 15 Feb 2013 - 15 Dec 2013
- 14 Feb 2014 - 14 Dec 2014
- Mid March - October: 03.00-10.00pm
- Low season: 04.00-06.00pm
- Mid March - October: 07.00-10.00am
- Low season: 08.00-10.00am
- 9 double rooms with washbasin*, partly with kitchenette
- 7 double rooms with shower/WC*, partly with queen-size bed
- 2 rooms with 4 beds and washbasin
- 9 rooms with 4 beds and shower/WC*, partly with kitchenette
- 4 rooms with 6 beds and washbasin*, partly with shower/WC
- 4 rooms with 8 beds and shower/WC
- 3 appartements
A total of 132 beds.
* additional beds available.
Shower/WC on the floor.
- Breakfast buffet CHF 10.00 (not obligatory)
- Packed lunches CHF 10.00 (order in advance)
- Living rooms
- TV room (with videorecorder and parlour games)
- Swimming pool with deckchairs and sun umbrellas
- Garden barbecue
- Slides seesaw, treee house, a lot of green land where children can play
- Volleyball and badmington court, ping-pong, boggia run
- Internet corner, WiFi
- Phone box
- suitable for wheel chairs
In the neighborhoods there are many restaurants and "grotti", supermarkets, a post office, a bank and a pharmacy.
The law of the Ticino canton forbids to accommodate young people under 16 years old: they can only stay if there is an adult person with them.