We're currently closed. We'll be back on 14 Feb 2016. Bookings and requests can be accepted.
Lugano Youth Hostel
The youth hostel is located just 3 km outside of Lugano, the southern most international city of Switzerland. Lugano boasts an enchanting landscape and takes pride in its beautiful golf which is framed by the hills and mountain ranges.
The Majek-Wassmann family has run the youth hostel of Lugano-Savosa for several generations and their dedication and competence guarantee a positive experience for their guests. Whether you are parents with your children, grandparents with grandchildren, backpackers, school children, athletes, an association or just friends taking a trip together, our youth hostel accommodates and warmly welcomes you. The premises are easily accessible by public transport. The youth hostel is situated at a perfect departure point for numerous cultural and scenic excursions that our lake region has to offer. It is also ideally located for mountain bike trails.
Relaxation and amusement
The youth hostel is situated in a vast subtropical park surrounded by marvelous vegetation. Our premises is outfitted with a swimming pool, a beach volley ball court, billiards, a bocce court, open grill area and much more! For the little ones there is a swing set, an amusement park with toy horses and sandbox. The rooms and apartments were newly renovated in 2015 and offer plenty of comfort, so that you can enjoy relaxing holidays.
We have ample options available; single or double rooms, family size rooms with or without kitchen, or dormitories of 6-8 beds. We guarantee maximum comfort for our guests. We offer free Wi-Fi access in all of our rooms. The breakfast buffet is rich with local organic products.
Each year the city of Lugano offers a full calendar of cultural and recreational activities - Long Lake Festival and the Jazz Festival, just to mention a few. Night owls also benefit from a diverse array of attractions.
Your local discounts
(available at the reception)
- Dinner for CHF 15.- at the Restaurant Capello due mani
- Dinner for CHF 15.- at the Restaurant Ticinella
- CHF 2.- discount Swissminiatur Melide (Mar-Oct)
- CHF 5.- discount Go-Kart Locarno / Magadino
- CHF 2.-/single, CHF 5.-/family discount for Falconeria Locarno
- 10% discount on a 4h-entrance at the Splash and Spa Tamaro in Rivera
In our region
From the Lugano station turn left: to the “Stazione Nord” stop (50m), PostBus 443. Get off at stop “Savosa Posta”. To the "Genzana" stop (400m), Bus no 5 (direction “Lamone-Cadempino“). Get off at the stop "Crocifisso".
Important: The youth hostel is on the outskirts near the forest, on the north side of Lugano, 3 km from the town centre, not behind the train station. On foot you need about 20min.
From the highway, exit at Lugano-Nord , 1km direction Massagno and at the first cross follow direction Savosa (time 2 min.). Large parking area.
- 14 Feb - 20 Dec 2016
- Mid Mar - Oct: 3-10 pm
- Low season: 4-6 pm
- Mid Mar - Oct: 7-10 am
- Low season: 8-10 am
- 9 double rooms with washbasin*, partly with kitchenette
- 7 double rooms with shower/WC*, partly with queen-size bed
- 2 rooms with 4 beds and washbasin
- 9 rooms with 4 beds and shower/WC*, partly with kitchenette
- 4 rooms with 6 beds and washbasin*, partly with shower/WC
- 4 rooms with 8 beds and shower/WC
- 3 appartements
A total of 132 beds.
* extra beds available.
Shower/WC on the floor.
Good to know
All Swiss Youth Hostels can be booked on site.
- Breakfast buffet (except from 14 Feb - 18 Mar, 01 Nov - 20 Dec 2016)
- Packed lunches on request
- Kitchen with self-cooking facilities
- Living rooms
- TV room (with videorecorder and parlour games)
- Swimming pool with deckchairs and sun umbrellas
- Garden barbecue
- Slides seesaw, treee house, a lot of green land where children can play
- Volleyball and badmington court, ping-pong, boggia run
- Internet corner, WiFi
- Rent a Bike: Bike rental at reasonable prices
- Safe shelter to store your bicycle
- Phone box
- Kitchen with self-cooking facilities
- suitable for wheel chairs
In the neighborhoods there are many restaurants and "grotti", supermarkets, a post office, a bank and a pharmacy.
The law of the Ticino canton forbids to accommodate young people under 16 years old: they can only stay if there is an adult person with them.