Le Bémont Youth Hostel
The Le Bémont Youth Hostel is in the heart of the village of Le Bémont and surrounded by an enormous playing field. There's quite a lot to look at, even from the garden: the little red Jura train passing by and the groups of cyclists, getting their bikes ready in front of the youth hostel, before setting off on a trip around the paths and tracks of the Jura Mountains. The high plateau and fold mountains of the Jura.
High plateau, Jura folds and the “Trans Swiss Trail”
Visitors arriving on the Freiberge high plateau by train will experience a fascinating piece of Swiss geology at close quarters. The journey takes you straight through a fold in the Jura mountains. The little train winds its way to the top of the narrow Tabeillon gorge. The youth hostel is immediately opposite the tiny railway station at Le Bémont.
Le Bémont lies on the “Trans Swiss Trail”. It runs from Porrentruy via Saignelégier to Mendrisio – one of the most beautiful, long-distance hiking and cross-country skiing routes traversing Switzerland. This long-distance trail from Porrentruy to Mendrisio is one of the last great adventures in highly developed Switzerland. Diverse landscapes, cultures and sights are waiting to be discovered on 32 stages covering 488 kilometres.
It is especially suited for family holidays with small children, as well as for schools carrying out project/sports weeks in the Freiberge region.
Your local discounts
Further member benefits
By train to La Chaux-de-Fonds or Glovelier. Change here to the Juratrain. Get off at Le Bémont (stop on request). The hostel is located next to the tain station. (If you like to send your luggague by tain, it has to be sent to/from the Saignelégier station.)
- 24 Mar - 30 Oct 2016
- 07 Apr - 29 Oct 2017
- Groups outside opening dates on request
5 - 9 pm
8 - 10 am
- 1 room with 2 beds and washbasin
- 1 room with 3 beds and washbasin
- 1 room with 3 beds
- 2 rooms with 4 beds and washbasin
- 3 rooms with 4 beds and extra bed
- 1 appartement with 4 beds, kitchenett, shower/WC
- 1 room with 5 beds and washbasin
- 1 room with 6 beds
- 1 rooms with 8 beds and washbasin
- 2 rooms with 10 beds
- 1 room with 13 beds
A total of 84 beds and 3 extra beds.
Shower/WC on the floor.
Good to know
All Swiss Youth Hostels can be booked on site.
- Breakfast buffet (incl.)
- Varied evening meal
- Lunch and packed lunch on request
- Vegetarian meals on request
- Menus for children available
- 1 dining room with fireplace
- 2 lounges next to the self-catering kitchen
- Library / reading corner
- Large play area with sand-pits
- Camp-fire site
- Table tennis
- Volleyball field
- Bicycle hire of all kinds at Saignelégier Railway Station, prices: CHF 20.- to CHF 50.-, information www.les-cj.ch
- Internet corner
- Free WiFi