Opening on 04 Jun 2014! Reservations are possible as of now.
Gstaad Saanenland Youth Hostel
Phone: +41 33 744 13 43
Fax: +41 33 744 55 42
New from 04 Jun 2014
On the site of its existing hostel in Saanen, the Swiss Youth Hostels are starting work on a new building that will provide a stimulus for the entire region.
The Top-classified Gstaad Saanenland Youth Hostel will open its doors to the public on 4th June 2014.
The newly built house has many rooms with 4 beds and a well-equipped children’s playroom and play area, making it the ideal holiday destination for families with children where kids can let off steam to their heart’s content. In addition, solo travellers, sports enthusiasts and culture lovers will equally appreciate the excellent infrastructure with its new range of rooms with 2 to 6 beds.
Both the cosy lounge and the large dining area, the centrepieces of the youth hostel, offer guests a place to unwind and mingle, while the large terrace with garden tables and recliners overlooking the magnificent mountain panorama promises sheer relaxation.
The food available is diverse and varied. In the evening, a 3-course meal is provided consisting of local dishes, and the substantial breakfast buffet is, as usual, included in the room rate.
The new youth hostel is ideally located very close to the skiing and hiking area. With over 300 kilometres of signposted, well-maintained paths and trails, the Gstaad holiday region is a true paradise for hikers. The cable cars around Saanen run throughout the summer season, and with the EasyAccessCard tourists can enjoy various discounts. During the winter season, the snow-capped mountains and nearby skiing areas offer a host of winter activities: 220 kilometres of ski slopes, various sledding runs and winter hiking trails, snow parks and much more are waiting to be discovered. For the more active guests, the youth hostel offers not only a ski room but also bike storage.
With the financial support of:
By the Montreux-Oberland Railway (MOB) from Bern via Spiez-Zweisimmen, reaching Saanen in 2 hrs. or from Montreux to Saanen in 1 hr. 10 minutes by foot from the station to the hostel (direction hospital).
The youth hostel has a limited number of chargeable car parking spaces, for which advance reservation is recommended. Some car parking spaces in an underground garage on payment of a charge. 1 turning place (getting in/getting out) for busses.
- 04 Jun - 25 Oct 2014
- 12 Dec - 18 Dec 2014
- 19 Dec 2014 - 04 Jan 2015
- 11 double rooms with shower/WC
- 8 rooms with 4 beds and washbasin
- 9 family rooms with 4 beds and shower/WC
- 8 rooms with 4 beds and shower/WC
- 6 rooms with 6 beds and washbasin
A total of 158 beds.
Showers/WC on the floor.
- Breakfast buffet (incl.)
- Varied evening meal
- Lunch or packed lunch for groupes on request
- Day room with TV
- Games room with amusement machines
- Children’s playroom
- Bar/lounge area
- Boot and ski room with air dehumidification
- Drying room
- Internet corner with free WiFi
- Bike storage
- Car parking spaces (chargeable)
- Free WiFi
- 53 cable railways give access to 220 km of slopes, winter hiking routes and snowpark.
- Daily from 9 am to 5 pm evey 15 min.: ski bus from the hostel to Rübeldorf Valley Station
- The Valley Station “Rougemont” (towards “La Videmanette”) is around 3km west from the hostel.
- The Valley Station Gstaad-Eggli is around 3km east from the hostel.