We're currently closed. We'll be back on 14 April. Bookings and requests can be accepted.
Figino Youth Hostel
Figino is a charming ex-fishing village in Ceresio, on the banks of Lake Lugano. Southern flair is also noticeable at the youth hostel. The luxuriant vegetation, the appropriately styled patrician's house, cooking with a Ticino accent and the nearby lake entice one to a refreshing stay with dolce far niente. There are certainly several things to be discovered - not least the picture book villages in one of the traditional holiday regions of Ticino.
Italianità and Qualità.
A forest, a bowls alley, two nature areas and a great surrounding. Stay in the old patrician's house and its adjacent buildings. Eat as you should in the South. Here you will have an excellent holiday. Incidentally, the youth hostel is large enough and split in such a way that families can have some peace.
Your local discounts
(from March to October available at the hostel reception)
- Free travel with the "Ticino Ticket": Valid in the canton Ticino; tourists will be able to use all public transport free of charge as well as being granted special rates for various leisure activities during their stay. You are given the “Ticino Ticket” upon arrival and it is valid until the end of your day of departure.
- Reduced entrances for Swiss Miniatur, Reduction: CHF 2.- for adults, CHF 1.- for children 6-15 years, CHF 1.- for seniors older than 65 years
- 10% discount on Swiss River Adventures Canyoning Tours
Your member benefits
In our region
From railway station (Piazzale Stazione) with the funicular bus down into the town, stop at "via Pelli" bus stop and then 7 minutes on foot to the bus station "Piazza Rezzonico" (on the lake).
With the postbus, direction to "Morcote" or "Carabietta", to the "Casoro" stop (direct in front of the hostel). Last bus from Lugano to Figino from Monday till Friday at 8 pm, on Saturday at 7.30 pm and on Sunday at 6.30 pm.
From motorway exit Lugano Sud 5 km in direction of Figino. By the Figino town sign turn right and travel a further 100 m to the youth hostel. The youth hostel has a limited number of chargeable car parking spaces, for which advance reservation is recommended.
- 14 Apr - 25 Sep 2017
5 - 10 pm
7.30 - 10 am
- 9 rooms with 2 beds with/without shower/WC
- 2 rooms with 3 beds
- 7 rooms with 4 beds
- 5 rooms with 6 beds with/without shower/WC
- 1 room with 8 beds
- 3 rooms with 10 beds
- 3 rooms with 12 beds
A total of 156 beds and 2 extra beds.
All beds are bunked beds. Shower/WC on the floor.
Good to know
All Swiss Youth Hostels can be booked on site.
- Breakfast buffet (incl.)
- Varied evening meal
- Vegetarian meals on request
- Packed lunch on request
- Mainly Swiss cooking with a Ticino accent
- In the summer once a week "Grigliata"
- Specially equipped for families
- Additional lounge for 15 persons
- Little TV room with library
- Table tennis
- Bowls alley
- Play area
- Children's (play) house
- Understory for bikes
- Car parks
- Rent a Bike: Bike rental at reasonable prices
- Free WiFi
The law of the Ticino canton forbids to accommodate young people under 16 years old: they can only stay if there is an adult person with them.