Dachsen Youth Hostel
The historic castle of Laufen is the most northerly point in the Canton of Zürich, 5 km from Schaffhausen, right on the Rhine Falls. The bedrooms of the hostel are located in a restored building next to the main house. Local attractions include: the Allerheiligen Museum (All Saints) in Schaffhausen, the Schleitheim Plasterwork Museum, the Rhine Falls and the fortress of Munot as well as the vineyards of the wine-growing region and contemporary art galleries.
A train service runs to Dachsen station from April to October. At all other times, take the train to Schaffhausen and then the trolleybus to Neuhausen station.
Coming b y car, drive in the direction of the “Rheinfall“ (Rhine Falls). Large car park for cars and coaches available. Parking places are free of charge.
- 15 Mar 2014 - 26 Oct 2014
- 20 Mar 2015 - 25 Oct 2015
5 - 9 pm
8 - 9.30 am
- 1 room with 3 beds
- 1 room with 6 beds
- 1 room with 8 beds
- 1 room with 10 beds
- 2 rooms with 12 beds
- 1 room with 14 beds
- 1 room with 19 beds
- 2 rooms with 4 beds with 1 bath and 1 kitchenette in the separated family hostel
A total of 92 beds.
Showers/WC on the floor.
Good to know
All Swiss Youth Hostels can be booked on site.
- Breakfast buffet (incl.)
- Varied evening meal on request
- Lunch and packed lunch for groups on request
- “Fulach Room”: classroom with huge wooden table and blackboard
- “Tengen Room”: lounge with games and books
- Lockable bike stand
- Free WiFi