Dachsen Youth Hostel
The historic castle of Laufen is the most northerly point in the Canton of Zürich, 5 km from Schaffhausen, right on the Rhine Falls. The bedrooms of the hostel are located in a restored building next to the main house. Local attractions include: the Allerheiligen Museum (All Saints) in Schaffhausen, the Schleitheim Plasterwork Museum, the Rhine Falls and the fortress of Munot as well as the vineyards of the wine-growing region and contemporary art galleries.
A train service runs to Dachsen station from April to October. At all other times, take the train to Schaffhausen and then the trolleybus to Neuhausen station.
Coming by car, drive in the direction of the “Rheinfall“ (Rhine Falls). Large car park for cars and coaches available. Parking places are free of charge.
- 20 Mar 2015 - 25 Oct 2015
5 - 9 pm
8 - 9.30 am
- 1 room with 3 beds
- 1 room with 6 beds
- 1 room with 8 beds
- 1 room with 10 beds
- 2 rooms with 12 beds
- 1 room with 14 beds
- 1 room with 19 beds
- 2 rooms with 4 beds with 1 bath and 1 kitchenette in the separated family hostel
A total of 92 beds.
Showers/WC on the floor.
Good to know
All Swiss Youth Hostels can be booked on site.
- Breakfast buffet (incl.)
- Varied evening meal on request
- Lunch and packed lunch for groups on request
- “Fulach Room”: classroom with huge wooden table and blackboard
- “Tengen Room”: lounge with games and books
- Lockable bike stand
- Free WiFi