We're currently closed. We'll be back on 03 Mar 2017. Bookings and requests can be accepted.
Mariastein Youth Hostel
The village of Mariastein is close to the French border at the end of the Leimen valley, 15 km from Basle. Rotberg youth hostel is enthroned on a cliff, facing the village of Mariastein, on the slopes of the Blauen and surrounded by forests.
Places to visit nearby
- The cloister of Mariastein (guided tours on request)
- Castle ruins at Landskron, Pfeffingen and Dorneck
- Electricity museum in Münchenstein
- Paper museum in Basle
- Goetheanum in Dornach
- Basle zoo
The reconstruction and renovation work between 2016-2018 is financially supported by:
From Basle main SBB station, walk through the underpass to Basle Heuwaage (5 minutes) and take tram no. 10, in the direction of Flüh-Rodersdorf, to Flüh. Continue your journey by postal bus to Rotberg Castle (request stop). The castle is accessible on foot.
The youth hostel has no car parking spaces. A limited numbers are at branch-off Mariasteinstrasse/Rotbergstrasse
- 03 Mar - 03 Dec 2017
5 - 9 pm
8 - 10 am
- 3 rooms with 2 beds and washbasin
- 3 rooms with 10 beds
- 1 room with 12 beds
- 2 rooms with 14 beds
- 1 tower room with 2 beds
A total of 78 beds.
Shower/WC on the floor.
Good to know
All Swiss Youth Hostels can be booked on site.
- Breakfast buffet (incl.)
- Varied evening meal on request
- Lunch and packed lunch on request
- Special menus and events on request
- Self-service kitchenette for groups available (only on reservation)
- A knight's chamber with cheminee for 45 people
- 2 recreation rooms for 40 and 50 people
- Playground with barbecue and table tennis
- Table football in the inner ward
- Flip chart, screen
- Various games for groupes
- Hiring of the entire youth hostel or of rooms on request
- Free WiFi
- WWF nature discoverer set for school classes (free use)