Bellinzona Youth Hostel
The Youth Hostel Montebello welcomes you to the heart of Ticino. The hostel lies at the foot of the Montebello Castle, part of the UNESCO world heritage, only 10 minutes away from the railway-station and close to the historic center.
The hostel is an ideal departure point for excursions and also a stopover for those travelling across the Alps. The single and double rooms offer you a comfortable privacy and for families and groups we have dormitories. Bathrooms and toilets are on each floor.
Your local discounts
(available at the reception)
- 10% discount (beverages excl.) at the restaurant Locanda Ticinese
- 10% discount (beverages excl.) at the restaurant Corona
- 10% discount (beverages excl.) at the restaurant Emerenzia
- 10% discount (beverages excl.) at the restaurant Giardino
- 10% discount (beverages excl.) at the restaurant Scugnizzo
- Swissminiatur Melide entrance CHF 16.- instead of CHF 19.-/adult
- Swissminiatur Melide entrance CHF 10.- instead of CHF 12.-/youth
- Entrance open air pool Bellinzona CHF 7.- instead of CHF 10.-/adult
- Entrance open air pool Bellinzona CHF 4.- instead of CHF 6.-/youth
- Zoo al Maglio entrance CHF 5.- instead of CHF 11.-/adult
- Zoo al Maglio entrance CHF 5.- instead of CHF 6.-/youth
- Spalsh & Spa 10% discount on the entrance
- Falconeria Locarno CHF 5.- discount on the entrance
- Parco Avventura Gordola CHF 5.- discount on the entrance
- GoKart Magadino CHF 5.- discount on the entrance
- CulturaPass Bellinzona for CHF 12.- instead of CHF 15.-/adult
Further member benefits
Take the Viale Stazione (through the city – on the left) until Piazza Indipendenza, follow the street sign. In the Via Bonzanigo you will find the pedestrian entry gate to the Hostel. It’s only about 15 minutes walking.
By bus from the train station (bus number 3 or 5) to Piazza Indipendenza and from there follow the sign 2 minutes to the hostel.
Exit from Bellinzona North: take the main road Via San Gottardo, direction city centre, keep driving on the Viale Portone until the roundabout. Take the direction to Lugano (the third exit). After a few metres, turn on the left, following our street signs.
Exit from Bellinzona South: take the Via Franco Zorzi toward the city centre. At the traffic light (on your left you can see the bus stop of Arte e Mestieri) turn right and after ca. 50 metres turn left, direction Cervia Parking until Piazza Indipendenza. Follow our street sign from there (about 6 km).
- 23 Feb - 31 Mar 2015 (request at least 24h in advance and prices without breakfast)
- 01 Apr - 31 Oct 2015
- 01 Nov - 30 Nov 2015 (request at least 24h in advance and prices without breakfast)
- 3 - 7 pm from Apr to Oct
- stand-by-for bookings: Feb, Mar and Nov (Reservations obligatory 24h in advance)
- 8 - 10 am
- 8 single rooms
- 16 double rooms
- 4 rooms with 3 beds
- 10 rooms with 4 beds
- 1 room with 5 beds
- 4 rooms with 7 beds
- 2 rooms with 10 beds
A total of 145 beds.
Showers/WC on the floor. Sink in every room.
Good to know
All Swiss Youth Hostels can be booked on site.
- Breakfast buffet (incl. Apr - Oct)
- A catering company takes care of our guest's meals and they offer lunch and evening meals (for groups from 10 persons on request at least 2 weeks in advance).
- Packed lunches can be also ordered in advance.
- Common room with internet corner (CHF 4.50/h)
- Billard room (seats up to 30 people)
- Dining room (100 seats)
- 2 rooms for seminary or meetings (seats up to 20 people)
- Music room incl. beamer for shows or school lessons (seats up to 50 people)
- Play room for children
- TV room
- Gym room (on request)
- Park in front of the building and an internal court
- Barbecue place (on request)
- Covered room for bikes to lock, washing maschine, dryer
- Kiosk with souvenirs (Victorinox, Wenger, etc.)
- Various games (table tennis, table football, badminton, boccie)
- Free WiFi
- Kitchen with self-cooking facilities for single guests and families
The law of the Ticino canton forbids to accommodate young people under 16 years old: they can only stay if there is an adult person with them.