We're currently closed. We'll be back on 23 Feb 2015. Bookings and requests can be accepted.
Bellinzona Youth Hostel
In Bellinzona the youth hostel welcomes you to the heart of Ticino. The hostel lies at the foot of the Montebello Castle, part of the UNESCO world heritage, only 10 minutes away from the railway-station, in the historic center. It is an ideal departure point for excursions and also a stopover for those travelling across the Alps.
The single and double rooms offer you a comfortable privacy. For families and groups we have family rooms and dormitories. Bathrooms and toilets are on each floor. We also have various rooms for parties, conferences, seminary with the possibility to use technical equipment.
The "Hostel Montebello" is a structure with various Options, it offers shelter to young school residents and it is also host a private middle school as well as a catering company. Various activities take place in the gymnasium such as dancing classes.
Your local discounts
(available at the reception)
- 10% discount (beverages excl.) at the restaurant Locanda Ticinese
- 10% discount (beverages excl.) at the restaurant Corona
- 10% discount (beverages excl.) at the restaurant Emerenzia
- CHF 3.- discount Swissminiatur Melide
- Entrance open air pool Bellinzona CHF 7.- instead of CHF 10.-/adult
- Entrance open air pool Bellinzona CHF 4.- instead of CHF 6.-/youth
- 10% discount on the 4h entrance to the Spalsh & Spa
- CulturaPass Bellinzona for CHF 12.- instead of CHF 15.- for adults
- CHF 5.- discount for Falconeria Locarno
Further member benefits
Take the Viale Stazione (through the city – on the left) until Piazza Indipendenza, follow the street sign. In the Via Bonzanigo you will find the pedestrian entry gate to the Hostel. It’s only about 15 minutes walking.
By bus from the train station (bus number 1 or 56) to Piazza Indipendenza and from there follow the sign to the hostel.
Exit from Bellinzona North: take the main road Via San Gottardo, direction city centre, keep driving on the Viale Portone until the roundabout. Take the direction to Lugano (the third exit). After a few metres, turn on the left, following our street signs.
Exit from Bellinzona South: take the Via Franco Zorzi toward the city centre. At the traffic light (on your left you can see the bus stop of Arti e Mestieri) turn right and after ca. 50 metres turn left, direction Cervia Parking until Piazza Indipendenza. Follow our street sign from there.
- 23 Feb - 31 Mar 2015 (request at least 24h in advance and prices without breakfast)
- 01 Apr - 31 Oct 2015
- 01 Nov - 30 Nov 2015 (request at least 24h in advance and prices without breakfast)
- 3 - 10 pm from Apr to Oct
- stand-by-for bookings: Feb, Mar and Nov (Reservations obligatory 24h in advance)
- 8 - 10 am
- 8 single rooms
- 16 double rooms
- 4 rooms with 3 beds
- 10 rooms with 4 beds
- 1 room with 5 beds
- 4 rooms with 7 beds
- 2 rooms with 10 beds
A total of 145 beds.
Showers/WC on the floor. Sink in every room.
Good to know
All Swiss Youth Hostels can be booked on site.
- Breakfast buffet (incl.)
- A catering company takes care of our guest's meals and they offer evening meals (for groups from 25 persons special meals on request).
- Lunches and packed lunches can be also ordered in advance.
- Evening meals from 20 Jun to 10 Aug, otherwise only for groups on request.
- Bar lounge (for 50 people)
- Dining room (seats up to 100 people)
- 3 rooms for seminary or meetings (TV, video, microphone, black-board)
- Music room incl. beamer for shows or school lessons
- Play room (for children)
- TV room
- Gym room
- Park in front of the building and an internal court
- Outdoor volleyball field
- Washing maschine
- Billard room
- Various games
- Covered room for bikes to lock
- Internet corner (CHF 4.50/h)
- Free WiFi
The law of the Ticino canton forbids to accommodate young people under 16 years old: they can only stay if there is an adult person with them.