Avenches Youth Hostel
Avenches is set between the Vully vineyards and above the plain of the Broye river, that connects the lakes of Murten and Neuchâtel. This historic Roman settlement features plenty of ancient buildings and sites that take visitors far back in time.
The imposing building that houses the youth hostel, built in the style of the Neuchâtel farmhouses, accommodates cyclists, hikers, history buffs, families and horse-riders alike. The town centre is within easy walking distance, and the beautiful landscape surrounding the hostel promises pure relaxation. While the children will be in seventh heaven playing in the large garden, adults can enjoy a fine glass of wine on the terrace.
After extensive renovation work, the house is reopend for the summer season, along with a new pavilion containing two guest rooms that satisfy all standards of barrier-free travelling. In addition, the guest rooms, foyer and reception area are refurbished and updated.
In partnership with:
One hour by train from Berne to Avenches via Kerzers; 1½ hours by train from Lausanne to Avenches. The youth hostel is about 15 minutes' walk from the station. Alternatively you may also take bus no. 544 and get off at station "Faubourg".
In Fribourg turn off the main road in the direction of Donatyre (signpost). The youth hostel has a limited number of chargeable car parking spaces.
- 04 Apr - 26 Oct 2014
5 -10 pm
7 -10 am
- 2 rooms with 1 bed
- 1 room with 2 beds
- 2 modern rooms, suitable for wheelchairs, with 2 beds and shower/WC (in the pavilion)
- 6 rooms with 4 beds
- 2 rooms with 4 beds incl. truckle bed
- 3 rooms with 4 beds (Family rooms)
- 4 rooms with 6 beds
- 1 room with 8 beds
A total of 84 beds.
Shower/WC on each floor. All rooms with lavabo.
- Breakfast buffet (incl.)
- Varied evening meal
- Lunch and packed lunch on request
- Multifunctional room with tables and chairs (seating for 20), sofa zone and a children’s toy chest on wheels
- Large garden with barbecue area, games, swing, pétanque and table tennis
- Board games
- Internet corner
- Rent a Bike: Bike rental at reasonable prices
- Free WiFi